Puritas as moderator

21 posts / 0 new
Last post
jondm
Puritas as moderator

First of all this is not a negative comment.
Just found it very funny and paradox when I saw that.
By my experience (and many others if you ask around) Puritas was one of the major troublemakers in the chat trolling others with ironic/provoking words and phrazes. (I'm not innocent of course).
For me Puritas meant somebody that NEEDED to get you upset so you start trolling as well.
He uses the "you seem upset" phrase all the time and many other very caustic ones to push your buttons.
Looks like you either did a very clever move by putting him moderator and have an eye on him.
Or either a very bad one.... I dont judge yet, I welcome that and hope it works out for everyone!

ChinPower

hey, you seem upset too much

jondm

yeah keep trolling

meseary
meseary's picture

lol yeah its true puri is a troll, but he is kind hearted, give the guy a chance.

Alavarra
Alavarra's picture

It's true! Plus I heard he smells like fresh lavender and roses! <3 Puri

vice123

haha puritas
hahahaah
but srsly its fine

Puritas

Sounds like you're the only one who feels this way
It's a shame that being asked about your feelings seems to get you so riled up :(

t3a6ag
t3a6ag's picture

My experiences of seeing Puritas in chat and on the kong forums do not show him to be moderator material. I have never spoken to him but he does seem very confrontational and has admited to being a troll. Antic can make whoever they want a moderator and im sure they have reasons but Jon is not the only person to question this decision. Also if vice thinks that it fine then it most probably isnt.

Jeffo
Jeffo's picture

All moderators are expected to act respectfully in Kingdoms chat.

They won't be trolling, instigating or anything else abusive. Should they prove otherwise, mod status will be revoked.

They are fully aware of this, so give Puritas a break and a chance to prove his non-trollyness. :)

Puritas

There's also the caveat that the three people complaining about me are ones I've asked to stop flaming other users in game chat over the past month.
Granted maybe I could have quietly just taken screenshots and pestered Jeffo to take time out of updating the game to deal with it but I preferred a verbal solution ;)

t3a6ag
t3a6ag's picture

Urm you have never told me to stop 'flaming other users in game chat' and the way I have seen it 'ask' probably isnt the right word.

jondm

I didn't exactly "question" the decision, just found it very anorthodox.
Puritas seemed to me very clever but was taken by the dark side...
Now the devs try to call him back with the force...

Puritas

Jon.... I am... your father....

cheeseex

does that make jeffo yoda?

and the other antics the jedi council?

allso i have found nothing wrong with puritas conduct as yet so this topic seems kinda pointless untill he does SOMETHING wrong does it not?

if his conduct gets out of hand THEN make a topic about it not before ;)

edit: anyone else find the lack of a button specificaly marked "post" disorienting?lol

jondm

does it make you? unless you have access to all the chat logs (normal and wispers) and red them all, how are you sure that never did that etc? seriously now....

Hypersonics

A bad mod. Junesong isn't banned yet. (glances at chat) I see about 20 insults june is giving out.

Junesong
Junesong's picture

EXCUSE ME? When have I ever done anything wrong?

cheeseex

make a topic cataloging them? screenshots?

Junesong
Junesong's picture

Puritas is a great mod, I remember this one time where he wrote a piece of literature narrating my reactions. HILARIOUS stuff.

Best mod in Kingdoms.

Grrwaaa
Grrwaaa's picture

Lets just everyone cool our jets. Give Puritas a chance. Don't take pot shots at June or anyone else unless you've got the screenshot to back it up. Both Puritas and Junesong are valuable members of the community. Puritas is working hard to improve this game and deserves our thanks, not derision.

Jeffo
Jeffo's picture

Agreed, and locked.

Come on mods, I was expecting you to do that a while ago :D

Topic locked