Campaign/Training Grounds

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
Talahan
Talahan's picture
Campaign/Training Grounds

Ok, I'm just posting here to see what everything wants out of the campaign. It's hardly been touched in a very long time, and I feel that there's a lot that could still be done with it.

Would you all rather see them release new cards and not touch the campaign, or would you like them to expand the campaign in conjuction with new set releases? What do you think could be added to the campaign?

Rhystic

Would like to see alchemy and ancient in campaign. They are the only kingdoms not to feature in the campaign.

Sarastro

in the lastest podcast I got the feeling that they want to redo the concept entirely, though personally I would love an extended campaign in the current format. it is very fun, I did a replay on an alt last fall and it was still a mighty good time... too bad it isn't longer!

Rhystic

I agree. The current campaign is pretty good, think it would be better to extend rather than start over when there is so much great content. The game is extremely difficult for new players at the moment, the longer the campaign is the better to help them.

Grrwaaa
Grrwaaa's picture

Part of the problem is that the campaign climaxes at an epic, near impossible fight. If the campaign is to be extended, the difficulty level would need to be seriously altered.

Rhystic

Yes, the final fight is impossible without certain key cards which are very difficult for new players to get. Everything else seems fine and easily passed once you know what to do especially now that you have no energy restriction for retrying an unfinished node.

Sarastro

the plan in hindsight I'm assuming since I wasn't around was to get people to buy packs from the new sets which was then rise and eve, judging from nemesis... maybe that is a good way to go, but the level of difficulty is still a bit too much

Talahan
Talahan's picture

whether they resdesign or expand the campaign, I think the campaign would be a good place to introduce new cards, like releasing nodes or challenges in the week or two or month before a set is release to showcase new cards (fighting enemies who use them for example) this could also be done for new heroes as well.

Sarastro

good idea

cewen

The idea with campaign, is that when the player finish's it, there meant to be able to walk into arena and be just as good as everybody else. Problem is, its half done. GANZ said on pod cast they would like to re-do campaign, and im fine with that. To me, I found it quite boring fighting the same 30 health mermaid thing 2-4 times, and being restricted to play because of energy.

I have faith in GANZ, im sure the re-do of the new campaign/Training grounds will be exactly what's needed (same with guld when the time comes to it). Only thing im not currently happy with the game so far is the same 3 things:

1: certain cards
2: Gulds
3: (was arena, but that's changed) 3rd thing im not happy about, probably something I hate MORE than final verdict (that's right I said it) is the limited space on the friend list . . . :(

Talahan
Talahan's picture

I don't mind people moving on to arena once they finish the campaign, and I understand that and agree with it. It's just, like you said, it's only have finished, and there are so many things I'd like to see done with the campaign, such as story (such as history of kingdoms, battle between elara and t'rror, etc), things to do with guild mates.

it's just that for some people (ok, talking about me here) stories are always a big part of games and that it's one of the things that keep me playing, and it's been frustrating to see the campaign sitting there with no expansion for more than 2 years, and Antic saying We'll get to it eventually, but first (and second and third, etc.) let's release more cards. I know cards are a big money maker, but I'd still like something done about campaign

MightyFox

Regardless of whether they keep the current campaign or make a new one, I would say three things need to definitely change

1. The Map - The current map looks like someone spent a few hours in MS paint. Even if all the paths and nodes are kept, a new map would be imperative to advertise the quality of this game. It's like the difference between hanging a Monet, and hanging a portrait your mid schooler did for art class.

2. Daily rewards- This one isn't huge as a campaign map shouldn't be your primary source for income (at least not after completing it) but the current daily rewards are just insulting, even when still completing the campaign. 2 wells that give 1-3 essence of a specific kingdom. 2 chests which would be a funny joke IF the rewards weren't THAT useless. And 2 shops, one of which becomes completely pointless after having acquired so many stones that you have more than you would essences. A daily reward for reaching a certain point in the campaign should be just that. I don't mind the essence wells for this purpose, but currently they exist only for 2 kingdoms. A monthly treasure node reset may be an idea as well. You don't have to give away cards, gold or essences would be equally appreciated.

The Grind- This KILLS the enjoyment of the campaign. How many times to I have to fight this same summoner with my slow Wilrius control deck? (as it was the only deck I could make at the time that would work) How many more vagrants are going to accost me with their decks of rats? That's the twentieth elite beastmaster I've defeated. Where are all these things even coming from? Node grinding is a mechanic used with energy to force players to wait or spend money. With the new no energy rules, it's just not necessary. A better, more challenging, more diverse mechanic can now be used, and should.

cewen

My general thoughts on campaign:

1: The difficulty levels go from Ok - instant skilfull pro in a too short time.
2: More should be added to it (if this is GANZ's plans or to re-do it)
3: More cards should be awarded throughout campaign (if the idea really is to be able to go into arena after finishing campaign)

I would say more, but there isn't really much to it. I will gladly give more of my opinions o the subject when GANZ re-do/edit it. :)

William_VRiley

The most recent podcast I got the inclination that they need to re-try the idea altogether, however by and by I would love an expanded crusade in the present arrangement. University Essay Help UK is exceptionally fun, I did a replay on an alt the previous fall and it was as yet a strong decent time... too awful it isn't longer!