Kingdoms CCG - Community Tournament

97 posts / 0 new
Last post
GANZ_Matt
Kingdoms CCG - Community Tournament

The first official Kingdoms CCG tournament has begun!

We weren't able to get a full group of 32, so the first 6 entrees were granted a bye into the second round. There were also a few tribes that were over the two limit, but for the sake of numbers, that rule was dropped.

The bracket can be viewed HERE and will show all the current pairs. These were randomly sorted though no two tribes were allowed to face off in round 1.

Please remember:

• Games must be played during the 6PM – 10PM EST window. You are responsible for initiating the game with your partner and can use the forum to schedule a specific time.
  • Winner is decided after the first single battle
  • The winner must send confirmation and time to GANZ_Matt as a private message
  • Review your opponent's deck (listed below) before starting

Participants:

Account/Forum: Shotgun
        Tribe: Elemental
        Deck

Account: WantonCynic
        Forum: Wanton
        Tribe: Horror
        Deck

Account/Forum: YourDaddy24_7
        Tribe: Gnome
        Deck

Account: Heavencraft
        Forum: Earthconstruct
        Tribe: Horror
        Deck

Account: Dr_Bojangles
        Forum: Dr.Bojangles
        Tribe: Giant
        Deck

Account: Thefuninlife
        Forum: Nouse
        Tribe: Elf
        Deck

Account/Forum: DariusTheMighty
        Tribe: Construct
        Deck

Account/Forum: Hopeprevails
        Tribe: Fairy
        Deck

Account/Forum: TomKat
        Tribe: Human
        Deck

Account/Forum: Kickbutte
        Tribe: Beast
        Deck

Account/Forum: SuperNinjaZZ
        Tribe: Titan
        Deck

Account: Wherewolf0
        Forum: WhereWolf05hr6r
        Tribe: Angel
        Deck

Account/Forum: CallMeGod
        Deck

Account: JoeMagnuss
        Forum: JosephMagnus
        Deck

Account/Forum: Talahan
        Tribe: Cleric
        Deck

Account/Forum: Ozy
        Deck

Account/Forum: Lolipabbi
        Deck

Account/Forum: Limits
        Deck

Account: VViki (two v's)
        Forum: wiki
        Tribe: Cleric
        Deck

Account: OldBlackJoe
        Forum: Tankership
        Deck

Account/Forum: Brodie315
        Tribe: Construct
        Deck

Account/Forum: Absinthpt
        Deck

Account/Forum: Kkanon
        Tribe: Wizard
        Deck

Account/Forum: SupernovaK
        Tribe: Rogue
        Deck

Account/Forum: Nabaxxen
        Tribe: Barrier
        Deck

Account: Zero0
        Forum: Arekkusu
        Tribe: Warrior
        Deck

The other important rules, dates and winnings are listed below.

Good luck and have fun!

----- RULES -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tournament Rules
  • Modified Standard Deck Rules only (40 – 60 Cards, NO Legendaries)
  • No sideboards allowed
  • No editing of approved deck which must be used in all matches

Match Rules
  • Winners will be determined after a single battle
  • Pairs are responsible for initiating the match during the official scheduled times; account and forum names will be available
  • Players not online during match hours will be disqualified. If the opponent was online (determined by logs), they will be automatically pushed through to the next round.
  • Winner must send confirmation and time to GANZ_Matt. Match logs will be used to handle any disputes.
  • Bracketcloud will be updated with the new pairings after each match day in preparation for the next match

----- IMPORTANT DATES -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Registration
   March 20 - March 26

Participant Reveal
   March 27

All matches will take place between 6PM – 10PM EST. Participants must be available during these days and times for all matches in order to register.

Match 1
   Saturday, March 28

Match 2
   Monday, March 30

Match 3
   Tuesday, March 31

Semi - Finals
   Thursday, April 2

Finals
   Saturday, April 4

----- WINNINGS -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

17th - 32nd Place
   10 Gems

9th - 16th Place
   20 Gems

5th - 8th Place
   30 Gems

Third and Fourth Place
   40 Gems

Second Place
   1 Epic Card of Winner's Choice
   50 Gems

First Place
   2 Epic Cards of Winner's Choice
   80 Gems

markmistr
markmistr's picture

Good idea on the Tribes theme. Suggestion - wouldn't it be better to have best 2 out of 3 for each match?

GANZ_Matt

In the future we'll have different match rules for sure. For the first one tournament, we'll keep it relatively simple and quick. :)

Oncus
Oncus's picture

I would like to know how more about the tribes rule? How many creatures must be of the same subtype? How many gears are allowed? How many creatures must there be in a deck for it to be considered tribes? I'm guessing yes, but are creatures with multiple subtypes allowed?

Dr.Bojangles
Dr.Bojangles's picture

Yea multiple subs are allowed obviously but you need at least 20 of that type.

Oncus
Oncus's picture

Did you get the min of 20 rule from the devs?

cewen

A few noob questions here :)

What does the: 6PM - 10PM EST mean?
at least 20 creatures hhave to be of that sub type, does that go for gears, rune world and spells aswell?

BTW if I get these questions answered, i'll be signing up with my own unquie deck idea :D.

Dr.Bojangles
Dr.Bojangles's picture

No just creatures. Are you people illiterate or something?

cewen

sorry, just making sure ;p
I still have yet to find out times, for my country anyway (Scotland).

As far as I know, EST denotes the time zone of New York City. So the times for Scotland are 10 p.m. - 3 a.m. for the first match and 11 p.m. - 3 a.m. for the others.

cewen

Nevermind. I can't enter, stupid highschool :/. If it wasn't for that, ofc I would enter and play :D. so, GL in getting picked and happy fighting folks!
(you got a good chance now that the best player can't compete, sign up now!)

wiki
wiki's picture

The only way i see it happening is make it during weekends, ALL GAMES during 1 day (saturday or sunday). You know that im a devoted player, but i cant spend 4 hours x 5 nights in a row waiting for my game. Some people have to go to work in a morning in Europe.

cewen

Ditto wiki. Thx 217 btw. But even if I could play on each the dates, I probably wouldn't be able to stay awake at 11-3AM in the morning, for 4 or 5 days straight. Would change my sleeping hours aswell.

But unless its made on weekends, I won't be able to fight anyway :/ (try doing some in summer!)

Oncus
Oncus's picture

+1 to make them all on weekends. Also have a few suggestions:

1) If the tourneys are to be done on weekends make them a bit shorter by making them smaller. So instead of 32 players go with 16 or 8, with the prize changing accordingly. You could even run two instances that run simultaneously.

2) The proposed time is too late for people from Europe. Perhaps run two tourneys at different times or find a good time so that most people from different time zones can enter.

Dr.Bojangles
Dr.Bojangles's picture

I doubt they are going to be running these events every weekend. It's a logistics thing and besides it takes away from the hype.

Oncus
Oncus's picture

It was a reply to Wiki's post about making tourneys in one or two days over the weekend, rather than on workdays. I also don't think they should be held every week. Maybe once or twice every 2 months.

Dr.Bojangles
Dr.Bojangles's picture

Yea that would work.

Talahan
Talahan's picture

and for me, living in China, time is 6 AM to 10 AM, can be online for parts of the 4 hours, but not during the whole 4 hour period.

and as for weekends, the weekend is my busiest time of the week, so if they are only done on the weekends exclusively, I'd have no way to enter

JosephMagnus

Ill give it a go, trying some ideas i like :)

Dr.Bojangles
Dr.Bojangles's picture

Some idea for people who still don't have a deck.

Ravinova Clerics: 4x Master Tutor 4x Prophet of the Void 4x Firesworn Elf 4x Doomsayer 4x Wicked Blashpemor (Pair with Compound Cubes for nasty stacks)

Uunys Zombies: 4x Soul Grinder 4x Doomsayer 4x Warrior Remnants 4x Cursed Warrior 4x Swift Ghoul
(Unholy Bestowel into Consume Soul for lots of mana and free skeleton tokens)

Ravinova Rougues: 4x Goblin Scavenger 4x Shadowed Rogue 4x Elvish Shanker 4x Sylph Assassin 4x Goblin Depleter (Concealed Dagger denies charges)

Belnir Titans: 4x Dragon Keeper 4x Ground Shatterer 4x Sky Temple Guardian 4x Titan General 4x Eternal Protector (Well rounded with lots of tricks. Gets really explosive with addition of Morninstar of the Ages)

Hopefully this gives you guys some inspiration. I considered playing half of these decks.

mmabistra
mmabistra's picture

Nice job Doc.

JosephMagnus

Damn Doc, turn turn my idea out :D

mmabistra
mmabistra's picture

Alisten and dragons?

Dr.Bojangles
Dr.Bojangles's picture

Yea that could work

Alisten Dragons: 4x Dragon Egg 4x Voracious Wyvern 4x Abysmal Dragon 4x Firespout Dragon 4x 2x Eternal Dragon 2x Scorchblast Dragon (Dragon keepers and Command Creature provide the major synergy while eggs keep the timid lanes locked down)

nouse
nouse's picture

i hope JoeMagnuss wins <3

GANZ_Matt

Hi everyone!

We still have slots available for the tournament so be spread the word and be sure to get your submissions in by today. We do have enough entrees to still run a smaller tournament, but the more the merrier. :)

The list and pairings will be announced tomorrow here on the forums.

wiki
wiki's picture

I will register my deck in few hours, also reminding my guildmates to do so. Can you say how many people registered so far?

GANZ_Matt

As of an hour ago, we have 18 confirmed/valid entrees. There's still plenty of space. :)

Dr.Bojangles
Dr.Bojangles's picture

When you say people need to be available for a 4 hour window does that mean they actually have to be on for 4 hours straight or are you just going to post brackets with time slots?

GANZ_Matt

The pairs will have to decide on a time within that window to meetup and battle. This is why we will provide both the account and forum name, so you can get in touch.

Dr.Bojangles
Dr.Bojangles's picture

Ah ok. Probably should have mentioned that from the beginning.

GANZ_Matt

Yep, we did:

Pairs are responsible for initiating the match during the official scheduled times; account and forum names will be available

KKanon

I say seed the tourney randomly (or however you guys were going to) and just assign some players a Round 1 bye, advancing to Round 2 of the bracket.

This way we can play and see how it goes, see what we learn, and we won't have to kick out 3 people to have an even 16 man tourney.

GANZ_Karl
GANZ_Karl's picture

Yep. This is what we did. We gave the byes to the first players to send in their deck - a reward for jumping in early.

Good luck to everyone in the tourney!

GANZ_Karl
GANZ_Karl's picture

And I'm totally rooting for Nabaxxen's Barrier deck by the way. Go walls go!

Dr.Bojangles
Dr.Bojangles's picture

Lmao I can't believe he actually went through with it.

Nabaxxen

Thanks for the support :-) Although I don't think I will make it very far.
What surprises me is: no dwarves!

GANZ_Matt

Hey everyone, the first post has been updated with the tournament information. Make sure you head over to read it through and head over to bracketcloud to view your round 1 opponent.

Good luck! :)

wiki
wiki's picture

My ingame nickname was misspelled, it's double capital V. Forum nickname as well, its just 'wiki' .Would be awesome if you could correct it.:)

nouse
nouse's picture

gl joseph <3

Dr.Bojangles
Dr.Bojangles's picture

Alright lets start taking bets.

wiki
wiki's picture

my bet: Kkanon or Tankership/OldBlackJoe

Dr.Bojangles
Dr.Bojangles's picture

I don't suppose you guys have any way of getting recordings of the games?

JosephMagnus

My nickname ingame is JoeMagnuss if it makes some difference. Dont give my gems to JosephMagnuss cuz i gave that acc to some1 else.

tankership
tankership's picture

My bet : Thefuninlife/nouse (Alltime No. 1 in Regular Tournies)

wiki : Thx for betting on me, but I should be on a trip to Australia in the last two rounds. Even if I could reach last four, it would be highly doubtful that I could be online.

Elf Tribe: To me, it is the strongest. Would there be 2 elf decks in the last four?

wiki
wiki's picture

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVRepU_je24

I managed to win round 1 after losing 3 times badly when we trained with Dr Bo using Wanton's deck..So i guess I was quite lucky and i wanna thank Wanton for letting me win <3

Would be awesome if some of you could record your games. It would make this tournament so much more exciting!! Free version of Bandicam is good enough.

BTW. How do we know that someone didnt change his deck last minute? I dont mean using completely different cards, but for example using 4 echoes instead of 2, like he had in his registered deck.

Dr.Bojangles
Dr.Bojangles's picture

Yea and I somehow lost a matchup i gauged at 90% favorable after play testing after my opponent pulled out the only 2 spells he needed to pull back to to back in order to get exactly lethal damage and win the game.

Damn you and your 1 game single elimination format =P

cewen

I've been staying up late again (time flys when having fuun on kccg) but I noticed a lot of people couldn't turn up for there games :/. I know quite a few people already got free wins. BTW, what happens if both players are not there? or like in JoeMagnuss's case;

Nousername is away, whilst joeMagnuss is there. what if about an hour later Joe happened to go away to bed and nousername turned up thinking he had won? then who would really win? O-o

On the plus, this night I've seen some very fancy decks and videos of the battles (like wikis and wherewolfs) would be great to see more <3.

Tonight, I also learned some things, like for example: the games were simple skirmish's and not on a complete different site :p (I actually thought games would take place elsewhere) . . . ;p

Talahan
Talahan's picture

lost due to bad internet connection myself, got disconnected just after match began. bad thing is, if the time had been extended another 3 hours, would have had a good enough connection and enough time to play the match.

SuperNinjaZZ

Just about managed to win round one. Too close for my liking! gg to CallMeGod

http://gyazo.com/67835bf09a8c03cb43f6b2ac45d1f24e

GANZ_Matt

Hey everyone,

The results from Saturday's match are in and updated over at bracketcloud.

Just a reminder that the next round is today and to please send the results and time to me (GANZ_Matt) via private message. It's just a lot easier to track that way. :)

Good luck in round two!

Pages