Kingdoms CCG - Community Tournament

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
GANZ_Matt
Kingdoms CCG - Community Tournament

Calling all heroes!

We are excited to announce our very first Community Tournament for Kingdoms CCG. This bracket tournament is an open invitation to NEWplayers, though only 32 will be selected to compete. Future events will have different entry requirements.

Think your deck will outlast all others? Register now for a chance for glory!

The tournament will be held on www.bracketcloud.com where we will post the pairings. All participants’ decks will be posted on online to be reviewed by the opponent before the match begins.

----- RULES -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Registration Rules
Only accounts created after January 1st, 2015 will be allowed in the tournament. To register to be considered for participation, you can either:
  • Send a PM to GANZ_Matt on the forum

You must include the following information:
  • In-Game Name
  • Forum Name
  • Deck (screenshot attachment or link sharing via Imgur)
  • Confirmation of availability on all scheduled dates and times (listed below in Important Dates)

Tournament Rules
  • Modified Limited Deck Rules only (40 – 60 Cards, 8 Rares, 2 Epics, NO Legendaries)
  • Any hero is allowed
  • No sideboards allowed
  • No editing of approved deck which must be used in all matches

Match Rules
  • Winners will be determined after a single battle
  • Pairs are responsible for initiating the match during the official scheduled times; account and forum names will be available
  • Players not online during match hours will be disqualified. If the opponent was online (determined by logs), they will be automatically pushed through to the next round.
  • Bracketcloud will be updated with the new pairings after each match day in preparation for the next match

----- WINNINGS -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Non-Placed Participants
   10 Gems

Third and Fourth Place
   20 Gems

Second Place
   1 Epic Card (of winner's choice) and 40 Gems

First Place
   2 Epic Cards (of winner's choice) and 60 Gems

----- IMPORTANT DATES -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Registration
   March 13 - March 19

Participant Reveal
   March 20

All matches will take place between 6PM – 10PM EST. Participants must be available during these days and times for all matches in order to register.

Match 1
   Saturday, March 28

Match 2
   Monday, March 30

Match 3
   Wednesday, April 1

Semi - Finals
   Friday, April 3

Finals
   Saturday, April 4
GANZ_Karl
GANZ_Karl's picture

And just to confirm - this is a real, official announcement. Matt is going to help me out by running this tourney.

Are you the best new player in Kingdoms? Prove it!

Oncus
Oncus's picture

Just wanted to say that this idea is great. Hopefully a lot of new players will apply.

gwendard

and for the "old" players?

GANZ_Karl
GANZ_Karl's picture

This won't be the only community tournament we'll have. We're planning on running a bunch of these, with all sorts of different entry requirements and deck rules.

AREKKUSU

Ya'll should probably repost this in a blog post.

hopeprevails
hopeprevails's picture

This is awesome!

cewen

agreed :D. im just hoping lots of new players will see this forum, and will participate :D. I would already enter my bud alphawolven12 (real bud at school) but that's the problem . . . school :/

Oh well, I just wanna say GL to all who participate in this exciting tournament. Good Luck all and plz, have fun!

markmistr
markmistr's picture

Will there be a way to view the matches? If not live, at least be able to see a recording of them.

ShawnThorn

I would suggest making a blog post telling new players about this, and have a special giveaway; each new player that creates a forum account gets a free eve pack.

Get some new peeps in the forums.

TomKat
TomKat's picture

+1

CallMeGod

Great Idea! But i think it need be communicated in the game, new players do not know forum.

brodie315

This is a great idea, cant wait to see what other events you guys have planned.

YourDaddy24_7

Signed up

flyinglionbg

I'm interested

Dr.Bojangles
Dr.Bojangles's picture

Oh and people please leave this one for the noobs. Don't try to bring your alts into this.

ShawnThorn

How dare ye! I will have you know ShawnThorn1392830 is a totally different person!

rawonhisfest

Lawofthewest here -> Dr.Bo you are right - although this will be wishful thinking. I am staying out of this tourney, but you can be sure that some **** will enter this tourney with his alt. People like Rhystic haven't died out, you know.

cewen

I Deeply apologize! I would definitely enter my bud, alphawolven12 into this tournament but as some of you might know, were in school. So he could probably sign up but not make it to most the scheduled dates. I know that wouldn't be fair and GANZ nor anybody would like an afk player, so do take my apologizes.

Don't blame me, blame Brechin High school! (plz don't gimme detention, only sayin) . .

GANZ_Karl
GANZ_Karl's picture

Hey everyone. While we wanted to do something special for our new players, we didn't get enough interest to move ahead with the event. We will be announcing a replacement tournament for ALL players this afternoon.

This thread will now be locked.

Topic locked