An Interesting Idea

24 posts / 0 new
Last post
cewen
An Interesting Idea

I don't like "spam". I really don't. However, we as players should at least be owed enough respect to have some kind of information about what's going on nowadays and why the game is not being developed on.
(even if they say "we can't say what's going on at the moment, but we'll say something on the (Insert Date) then that's fine)

I am NOT encouraging regular spam. However I think it may be a good idea if about 20 + of us all contact kingdomsccgsupport@ganz.com on the same day at the same time (or as close as possible). EDIT show your support for this movement by commenting on this post rather than Personal Messaging me.

Remember: the goal isn't to "spam" the developers. The idea is to remind the developers that we are still here. Even a single sentence if development is going to continue or not or a date when more information will be given to us is perfect.

Details:
1) Once at least 20 people have said "+1" or "I agree" or something similar (on this post) then we can organise a certain day to email kingdomsccgsupportupport@ganz.com.
2) If the developers do still monitor the forums, then fantastic: they'll see this and maybe give us some information.
3) This is not an encouragement to spam and harasses in chat or anywhere. These are just desperate times for the game that we so very much love. We, as supporters (and even donators) should be allowed to receive some kind of information from them.
4) This is not a "plot" against the developers. This is just a movement to gain the attention of GANZ.

Lets remind GANZ about this: https://gyazo.com/7dae0544449950d392c2a55f66907ae8

Dewellz

I agree, hope GANZ answer something about the game

Sanctuary

+1. sometimes the game doesn't seem that dead. 40+ players online with an active playerbase of about 100-150 is surprisingly strong.

Wayneold

I agree, it would be great to get some kind of news, any kind of news....even if it's not favorable.

HC Brotherhood

I'm complete with you on this one Cewen. I hope this game get's the attention that it deserves.

Roberto_Drago

Good idea. I agree. It's time for us to speak up for the game and show that we care about it.

DiarrheamazinG

Sure, why not.

I mean, if they can even at least just give us GR in gem singles I'd be happy. Be a smart move on their part even if they are just gonna shut the game down soon since I'm assuming it's a low effort update and would hopefully get them a lil extra cash, even if it is just a few hundred bucks or whatever.

fulpan
fulpan's picture

+1

still

+1

JamesNg2

Guys, what I'm about to say might not go down so well, but I believe it to be true. And please don't just attack me before seriously considering what I'm about to say without emotion. Be logical and rational about this.

Sorry to state the obvious but isn't it obvious to everyone why the game isn't being developed? Its because there's no audience. And when there's no audience there's no $$$. Assuming that $$$ is what motivates developers to make games, then there's absolutely no motivate for GANZ to do anything.

The only way GANZ would do something is if they thought it was an investment - like New Core. If they thought that that would draw the crowds in and so they'd eventually recoup their expenses. We all know how New Core turned out with regards to creating a large fanbase (we're talking in the 1000s) hmm?

I have previously stated what needs to be done to save this game - but no one will listen to me. Not because they think its not true but because they don't like it. I will say it again though - campaign needs to be developed and players with large card collections must nerf their decks in order to play with beginners in the arenas. If they don't want to nerf it then they should only be allowed to play with other players with large card collections.

cewen

I can see your point. I know that this movement probably won't re-start development; but we should get at least 1 public statement, just so that we know whats going on.

nosher

kingdoms players are blind with their love for the game i'm afraid. Anyone who looks at the situation logically has already quit the game cos it obviously has no future.

winnerofall12

+1

winnerofall12

but what if ganz doesn't check cewen +1

Grrwaaa
Grrwaaa's picture

It has been over a year since the last developer announcement. And about 8 months since the last time a dev responded to a bug report. Their attitude is known. Now which of the mods keeps cleaning the forums? It isn't me. I check in about once every two weeks when I'm feeling bored. They must be aware people are still here, or else they'd stop running the servers. So... who knows. Nosher right again, I suppose.

cewen

I had a pretty long talk with TomKat over the matter, and i feel that i should just develop on the whole situation from the time i made this post:

We talked about how GANZ failed to let us know about the game being up on Steam and so none of us could respond to it with positive reviews and concluded that this was the biggest mistake they made.

We also talked about other stuff, but one of the highlights of the conversation is that because kingdoms isn't making enough money so they won't update it (logical assumption) but if that is the case we have to question: is there any developers at this stage?

We talked and figured that it could only be GANZ staff monitoring the kingdomsccgsupport@ganz (maybe forums too). We also concluded that the servers are probably still up because people may still pay for gems on it.

I still stand by what i said; i think we should get a public statement about the issue at hand, so that we can known if development is going to continue in the future and if there are any developers of kingdomsccg still working at GANZ

Just thought i would get this off my mind because i was beginning to doubt if this movement would work. And i still think it can.

I know this is a bit petty to ask for but: GANZ is a company. They will only pay the developers salary if they receive an income. I don't want to ask you all to donate, i just want you to in the future consider spending $5 or something.

Kingdoms is a free to play game and because of that it is difficult for it to generate money. But the issue here isn't all about money: remember we're still here in forum page to try and get a statement on GANZ about the following things:

1 - Is development going to continue?
2 - Can you at least put Gods Reborn in singles? (sounds petty i know, but i am sure most of us will gladly pay some real money for some gems that way)
3 - Are there still Kingdoms CCG Developers working at GANZ?
(add more with your +1 if you can think of more questions. Remember don't message them yet; its more effective if we all ask the same questions at the same time on the same day as a hoard).

Lastly: If you want to help the game out: drop some money on it or try and spread the game and give it good reviews wherever you are (I'm not sure if the game is still up on steam or not).

The plan is still going ahead: So drop a +1 or "i agree" if you want to help the game and follow this movement.

sirscribblez87

+1

winnerofall12

wow+1

corwin_of_amber

+1

placidfac

good luck folks

winnerofall12

ok placidfac

JamesNg2

Cewen - I know you mean well. But a few people dropping a few dollars here and there isn't going to be sufficient to sustain a dev. Even if we were to all contribute $100 or so it would still do very little compared to having a fanbase in the 1000s.

I think the reason why the servers are still running is that deep down Karl loves this game - enough to buy it from Antic when it was almost dead last time. I don't think he will pull the plug and let it die because he loves this game too much. That said, he probably can't afford the development costs so that's why its in this limbo.

As for positive reviews - you should realize that those only get people to try the game. They do not get people to stick with the game. You can only achieve that if the game is really, truly good to play (in their eyes). And Kingdoms has had plenty of chances to impress the gaming public. I remember when new core was released - there were plenty of players but now its dwindled back down again.

I love Kingdoms - it got me hooked when I first started playing and its absolutely great. I never get bored with it and I still get a small adrenaline rush when I go up against a top deck (guild wars or PvP in the arenas). But I know my taste is pretty erratic and that, sadly, most "normal" gamers don't like the same things that I do. I'm guessing that all of us here who love Kingdoms (Karl and Jeffo included) share this unique taste. Nosher is right - I am blind with my love for this game. Difference is that I know and accept this horrible truth and I know that we who love Kingdoms are so few and in the minority.

If we want "normal" players to play Kingdoms, then Kingdoms needs to make some pretty unpalatable compromises. Nerfing your own decks to please the "normal" players is pretty unpalatable. Having arenas where if your deck is too powerful then you cannot compete with anyone else other than those who also have powerful decks is just yuck. If Kingdoms wants the $$$ associated with the "normal" players then there really isn't much choice.

Maybe what this game needs is a new dev. I might be interested in buying this game from GANZ and developing it without the goal of making money (though it'd be nice to). Depends if GANZ wants to sell it and for how much.

cewen

I fully understand.

The game has definitely got to change to try and attract and keep players, but it has to make money as well.

I still thing that Karl has left GANZ entirely. However i could be very wrong there.

I know that donating a few bucks here and there will help, but i know it won't resurrect the game. I was meaning that in the future if this crisis for the game do pass and devs return etc etc then donating needs to be more common or a small mandatory pay when creating an account.

Good reviews do attract people to the game (especially on such a large platform if its promoted by steam) which brings in players. Back when the game was first put on steam there was about 200 players. Re-doing that would have similar effects, we would just have to go around promoting and doing all the rest of it better.

I think volunteering may also get through to karl and GANZ and basically spark life into the game again (low chance but still a possibility) (for example coding and art)

JamesNg2

Well the thing is that I think that Karl is 100% opposed to any kind of compromise with the "normal" players. You remember how he promoted this game "conquer the meta", "all cards designed for competitive play" etc... And I remember a few games vs evil squid back when he was a player - oh boy - he was good. Now he finally realizes that most players reject this and wants something entirely different.

Its like saying "Oh Cewen can you please nerf your most awesome and amazing powerful deck so that I can play with you? If you don't then I'll never play with you and hence you'll never get paid". And this isn't just one person - its almost everyone. Then your choice becomes one of - do you stick with your ideals and die honourably? Or do you capitulate and surrender?

Its a tough choice and he's probably keeping silent whilst he deliberates on this one.

Just incase you're wondering how I know this, I've made a few games. They're really hard (like Kingdoms) and people hate me for it. But it was for free and I knew I wasn't going to be paid at the end. With making $$$ a necessity though, its a whole different story.