LeumasBansu's picture
Kingsworn Chapter 2: The Ritual

See below

timelord
timelord's picture

Lets start!

LeumasBansu
LeumasBansu's picture

I'm developing the encounter. Give me a day or so. lol.

timelord
timelord's picture

Oh okay..lol

LeumasBansu
LeumasBansu's picture

As Breckhold steps into the open air, his nose is assailed once more, this time by the odor of rotting flesh.
(-1 HP). Nearby, half a dozen Imps dance around the body of a fallen peasant. A mass of sinew and ichor lumbers toward him from around the corner of the inn. He whispers a blessing upon himself (+1 HP and Armor 1 & Lightbranded +1 Attack) and presses on.

Shivalia wades into the Imps' midsts and fells one swiftly with her longsword (1 Unmounted damage +1Longsword).

Yubar09
Yubar09's picture

'This seems to be just test we were looking for" Sevvrys grins as it takes all he has to fully hide his excitement. He slowly glides towards the door, keeping sure to stay out of the range of the gruesome hulk that approaches the knights.
"You will receive no aid from us my fair squires, handle this and I am sure you will have earned your meal and keep within our party" He yells out the door, as the imps dance and chants catch his attention and he freezes, as if petrified.
Before he can speak an imp is slain..."You fools!" He exclaims, rushing out the door.
"Let the damned imps be if you wish to keep your pathetic lives!"
He moves closer, examining the imps further.
"This breed of demon cannot pierce your shields, they cannot harm you"

LeumasBansu
LeumasBansu's picture

The Fleshbag ineffectually bats at Breckhold's shield. He counters with a swift slash through what would be the creature's abdomen (1 Unmounted +1 Longsword +1 Lightbranded Bonus).

The Imps continue their dance, seemingly heedless of their fallen comrade. Before she can process what Sevvrys has said, Shivalia runs another Imp through (1+1). Then she crouches into a guard position to weather whatever attack the Imps may bring,

Next Round

Longing to hold his nose in lieu of his iron shield, Breckhold deals a killing blow to the horrid amalgamation of flesh.

The Imps finish their dance, and immediately and horribly the peasant's corpse and those of the two fallen Imps merge into a wicked Abomination (3/3). Shivalia recoils in an unpleasant mixture of disgust and fear. The four remaining Imps leap at her in a hate-charged, suicidal frenzy.

Yubar09
Yubar09's picture

From behind her, Sevvrys let's out a great roar, the glow of his now ghastly blue eyes growing in both size and sharpness. With arms wide, a swirling grey magic envelopes him, then he unleashes the force onto the foes.(Weaken).

LeumasBansu
LeumasBansu's picture

Breckhold moves as quickly as he is able and dispatches an Imp.

Shivalia knocks another out cold with her shield just before she feels the Abominations first blow. It dents her armor, leaving a nasty bruise (3/3 Weakend to 2/3 -1 armor = 1 damage). The two remaining Imps wrest the shield from Shivalia's grasp and it clatters to the ground, leaving her wide open for the Abomination's next strike.

Yubar09
Yubar09's picture

Chanting in the background, Sevvrys uses his dark magic to raise one of the fallen imps to his will, he then commands it to slay another imp which it does easily.
Once again he stares down the ultimate monstrosity in front on him, he redies his hand for his most powerful offensive attack.
"Heal you fools" He yells, panting for air "He's coming again"

LeumasBansu
LeumasBansu's picture

Breckhold slices mightily at the Abomination, hacking it in two with one blow (3 Damage). Shivalia chants sofly to herself to mend her wound (Heal). The remaining enemy imp scurries off, with an ear-splitting screech "Massster, sssave me!!!"

The skeletal imp calmly crawls up Sevvrys' side and perches on his shoulder. This single act disturbs Breckhold most of all.

LeumasBansu
LeumasBansu's picture

XP = 1 per kill
1 XP awarded to Sevvrys for using Weaken against a mass of creatures and therefore saving Shivalia's life.

[Sevvrys acquires Skeletal Imp "Card" and receives 2 XP (3 to next level)]
[Breckhold gains 3 XP (2 to next level)]
[Shivalia gains 3 XP (2 to next level)]
[Clatier will get something next time (D'oh!)]

LeumasBansu
LeumasBansu's picture

A note on levelling:

Fighters like Breckhold and Shivalia gain +1/+1 and 1 spell point per level
Scouts like Clatier alternate between +1/+1 and 1 spell point and +0/+1 and 2 spell points
Mages like Sevvrys gain +0/+1 and 2 spell points per level.

Also XP requirements scale as follows
etc.

Yubar09
Yubar09's picture

Should debuffing and other non-lethal spells count towards leveling up? And is Sevvrys' main attack ranged?

LeumasBansu
LeumasBansu's picture

There should be some relationship there. Maybe not a 1 to one gain, but Weaken saved Shivalia's life, so I'll certainly give you an extra point for that. In my actual RPG, I have a separate system for such pivotal acts.

Since it won't level up, I'll call it Ranged, provided you only use 1 point. Your Diffusion Blade is only melée though. In short 1 point ranged or 2 points with spell loss on melée attacks.

Yubar09
Yubar09's picture

Sevvrys smiles at Breckhold. "Do you wish to pet him?" He lets out a soft chuckle.
"Surely you are not so green that you have not seen the art of necromancy before?"
His smile quickly fades to a frown as he hears the imps' cries.
Master? Of whom do they speak of.. He ponders to himself staring at his newly acquired servant.
There are few masters in the Dead Lands...mostly reanimated brutes and aimless demons...and even fewer who know the powerful abomination technique..it mustn't be..

"Your idiocy not-withstanding, I do believe you did a fair job given the circumstances...I do not believe that to be a mere scavenging mob, the Dark Ones are very cunning and use inconspicuous means..." He glares at Shivalia..
"Some subtlety is what you brutes need..." He said turning away towards Clatier, his dark, torn robe flowing behind him.

LeumasBansu
LeumasBansu's picture

Sideboard:

Let's pause and give Clatier a chance to respond.

timelord
timelord's picture

I like pie.

timelord
timelord's picture

*Walks out of the tavern and coughs* "Well well, what a mess." *Looks at the knights* "I assume you have joined our party then? that's good.."

timelord
timelord's picture

*Looks at the imp* This will come in handy.. I suggest we find out why we were attacking like this? mm?

LeumasBansu
LeumasBansu's picture

(Attacked?)

Lady Shivalia brushes herself off and speaks, "It looks like the imp limped off to the east."

"We might be walking into a trap..." Breckhold had given up on being listened to.

Yubar09
Yubar09's picture

"Not even I would want to take the Impasse to the East during these times, none the less children of the Holy ones..besides it is none of our concern..."
Sevvrys was still visably shaken from the monumental beast that was just slain, he had seen greater horrors, but none in a place such as this...he did not know what to think of such a bold and mysterious move.
"Unless lord Clavier wishes to pursue this further?" he inquired, looking up from his trance like state

timelord
timelord's picture

Sevvrys...*grr* Okay fine! Maybe walking blindly is a bad idea! Let's go to the meeting point I was talking to you about! *Turns to the knights* There's a group of young farmers me and Sevvrys were going to meet. They might have something for us, even though their as dumb as a pair of wallot birds...

timelord
timelord's picture

*Thinks* Well... I am curious about that ambush.. and there's no rush in that meeting with those farmers..

timelord
timelord's picture

Sevvrys. Perhaps a few more minions being added to serve you would be worthwhile!

Yubar09
Yubar09's picture

Sevvrys smiles as he looks at his newly acquired pet which stares aimlessly back at him in return.
"Well I suppose these things are fragile and must be replaced often...I must ask though what is in this for you my lord?" Sevvrys softly frowns as he examines Clatier's expressions closely to ascertain the truth.
"Growing adventurous in you old age?" Sevvrys says voice full of satire

LeumasBansu
LeumasBansu's picture

"Perhaps Sevvrys seeks to protect his own kind." Sir Breckhold suggests bitterly.

Yubar09
Yubar09's picture

" I assure you I hold no allegiance to the Spire, be that as it may I do hold a healthy amount of fear for the land's Lord and Lady...as should you squire" he mocks
"And they do not welcome outsiders, especially of your kind" he said, turning to Breckhold and looking him squarely for the first time since the cavern, face firm as if to chastise

LeumasBansu
LeumasBansu's picture

"A reasonable concern, to be sure," Shivalia interjects, hoping to styme yet another falling out.

Breckhold stands down, and looks towards Clatier, "I follow at your will, my lord."

timelord
timelord's picture

*smiles like a madman at Breckhold* That's good... *ignores Sevvrys's question* Shall we head on? Follow me...*takes on mystery sack* We're need this... tome of life!

timelord
timelord's picture

In this world, we're all need some healing now and then.. *coughs* okay..I'll lead the way.

LeumasBansu
LeumasBansu's picture

END CHAPTER 2

timelord
timelord's picture

*Puts away tome of life* Ahh well. It was worth a try. lol

illuminaughty
illuminaughty's picture

let me take over shivalia for ch. 3!

LeumasBansu
LeumasBansu's picture

You get both of them. I'm handing you the reigns. I'm on a bit of a sabattical.

winnerofall12

pl