17 posts / 0 new
Last post
Baskerville
Kindle the Fury

Kindle the Fury is too strong it should cost 7 mana or sth
Not fair at all

Grrwaaa
Grrwaaa's picture

And it should get a name change to "Kindle the Furry" and the art should show a thundercat on fire.

Baskerville

Sounds nice eheheheh

DiarrheamazinG

Okay, this guy needs to go.

I sure hope no one is taking any of this seriously.

Grrwaaa
Grrwaaa's picture

A nerf was brought up for KtF on the Beta forums like 6 months ago by one tester, who was just saying he was hearing complaints and wasn't necessarily in favor of a nerf. I responded "It's fine." and no other beta tester or developer responded.

I could (Barely) see it being adjusted to remove the card from play rather than destroy itself so that it isn't so effective on MEK units, but in general the corpse will be a drawback. I still think its fine.

Baskerville

It's too effective. That card has to be legendary I believe or if it is going to stay as Epic it's better with higer mana. You are destroying, stealing enemies card with 5 mana and dealing damage to them it is overstated. Also if there is an corpe after that cards destroy you are also stealing it and if there is an additiconal feature you are also using it against too.

cewen

Fae's charm also steals creatures. OP against jorma hasted gob scavengers????

Baskerville

With Fae's charm you can steal creatures with mana cost 3 or less with 4 mana
You are not stealing a mana higer creature. With Fury you can steal creatures with 6 mana for 5 mana you see my point? Not even equal. You are not even stealing a creature with 5 mana for 5 mana

Grrwaaa
Grrwaaa's picture

Try using some math here:

They cast a creature: -3 mana
You charm: -4 mana
You gain the creature: +3 mana

They are -3 mana and you are -1. And if they've buffed the critter, even more. Charm is not net negative.

Baskerville

That card has to be either legendary or has to cost 7 mana or it could steal creatures with 5 mana or lesser

Verbannon
Verbannon's picture

Double post

Verbannon
Verbannon's picture

The way I see it kccg card balance is pretty simple at its core with the cards scaling in a predictable way. A 5 mana common card gets 3/3 and one decent feature or ability. A 5 mana uncommon might get 3/4 and one decent feature or 2/4 and 2 decent features. A 5 mana rare might get 3/3, a decent feature and a great feature or 3/3 and 3 good features. And a 5 mana epic creature just gets one single extra thing a rare version didn't. Like 3/3 two decent abilities and a great feature. So the kindle is just an epic version of fey charm so it should have just one benefit over it. It has two benefits over fey charm it hastes and it can take any cost creature. But it has the drawback of destroying what it steals. Which is enough to equal out the haste. But it can steal any cost creature which is hugely better than the 4 mana cost feycharm stealing a 3 cost creature. So I say limit it to 6 mana cost creatures or lower. I say 6 instead of 5 because there aren't a lot of 5 mana cost creatures getting played. This brings it in line with theoretical balance.

Baskerville

"5 because there aren't a lot of 5 mana cost creatures getting played." this is not an excuse

cewen

It already is capped at 6 mana or less :P

DiarrheamazinG

Right?

Not trying to be a snot here, but "typical nerfer" right there. They never read the cards or actually think, they just lose games and then start typing.

cewen

The one time i can agree with you on terms of nerfers ;)

Verbannon
Verbannon's picture

cewen wrote:It already is capped at 6 mana or less :P

I know. I was being Facetious. A roundabout way of saying its not too strong. A whole lot of other cards are too weak.