Moderators keep banning for trivial things

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
phlanic
Moderators keep banning for trivial things

That will increase the player base. Good job!

real_lex

When they ban people during late hours, does that make it trivia night?

archa1983

do you have an example of this trivial thing?

KKanon

This makes 2 posts where you have not even mentioned what the heck you're talking about. If you're going to make it public, which you shouldn't, what purpose does it serve being intentionally secretive?

- KK

phlanic

Just so you know, the angle of the dangle is directly proportional to the heat of the meat.

cewen

"Trivia" things is subjective I guess. For example, harassment may seem like a small subject generalised, but to the person being harassed and everybody around them, its important (im taking this as the example as you said almost the exact same thing on archa's post about the matter)

"Stop banning people for stupid things... it is only thinning the player base. If someone wants to troll let them troll... there is a mute option. Limit moderators and their powers because they will ruin the game if left unchecked! If anything, get rid of the moderators, they have power trips way too often." - You.

You said moderators shouldn't' be banning for people trivia things (such as harassment, as it was on a post about harassment) but harassment, bullying, blackmail, racism etc all falls outside the chat guidelines. Breaking the rules (no matter the actual rule or reasoning behind it) is still breaking said rule, and this deserves just as big attention or punishment.

You also brought up the point that mods should have no power. I feel this specific point is mainly out of spite, so I won't even discuss how wrong it is.

You also brought up a point about just needing to mute people, which I can agree to - to some extent. if there is a "threat" on the game (harasser, predator, hacker etc) which could be hurtful to the people (which in turn hurts the game) then you can't just ignore it - it has to be dealt with mods (at least).

I feel this is all I have to really say on this.

hopeprevails
hopeprevails's picture

Trolls decrease the player base. I'm not worried about scaring away the guy that insults everyone - that guy's hard to get rid of. I'm worried about the people that sign on to play a fun card game and get insulted, or see a vile-filled chat, or are scared to speak in the first place, and never come back.

The mods are just players that really care about the game, and want everyone to have a good time. We give warnings and pm players if there are problems, but sometimes players just need to walk away from chat, and when they don't, that's when we give temporary bans. Mod activities are chronicled for the devs and other mods to see.

I know bans suck, but, believe it or not, some people get bans and realize that being spiteful just isn't worth it, and become active, positive members of the community.

I'm not sure what happened, but I promise that the chat rules are very easy to follow, and the mods are generally easy-going friendly faces.

Pokekid01

+1

lawofthewest

hopeprevails wrote:
I'm not sure what happened, but I promise that the chat rules are very easy to follow, and the mods are generally easy-going friendly faces.

except one mod. we all know who :)

cewen

Trident? :P

alexandersalamander

can somebody talk to me about badshapes and get the account unmuted

Grrwaaa
Grrwaaa's picture

Did you contact Karl about it? Moderators can't do anything here, as the ban came from above.

alexandersalamander

I contacted them with 2 different emails but no reply, i get the hint but it's not okay with me. i spent a lot of money on that account, to not even work out a plee bargin

DiarrheamazinG

TBH, I've pretty much only ever seen the mods here be fair and reasonable. I mean sure, I'm not on literally all the time and I'll believe that there might have been occasions where a mod might have been acting like an ass and was just being unfair and unreasonable. But that totally seems pretty few and far between. The KCG mods are FAR from oppressive.

I've seen what oppressive "nazi modding" is. Like on sites where there ends up being so many damn mods that slower mods have to dig through years old posts to find trivial stuff to warn/ban for just so they can prove they're doing something and maintain mod status. Sites where you could get perma-banned without having a single previous warning after you've been playing for years over stuff as trivial as pg-13 potty humour.

I've seen REAL mod corruption on sites like Pojo.biz where moderators on the card trading forum will literally steal real property from the site's users by scamming them in online trades and using their mod status to assert their innocence and remove any negative feedback left for them after the trade.

The KCG mods always seemed pretty reasonable to me. They seem to let the puerile jokes slide, once you don't crossover the line into being overtly raunchy or once you don't start really going off/flaming someone.

IMO, they do what mods should do. They're pretty chill and helpful to the userbase and they keep the chat in order without giving the userbase that feeling of "Uh-oh, mods are here. We can't talk or have fun anymore".

archa1983

DiarrheamazinG wrote:TBH, I've pretty much only ever seen the mods here be fair and reasonable. I mean sure, I'm not on literally all the time and I'll believe that there might have been occasions where a mod might have been acting like an ass and was just being unfair and unreasonable. But that totally seems pretty few and far between. The KCG mods are FAR from oppressive.
I've seen what oppressive "nazi modding" is. Like on sites where there ends up being so many damn mods that slower mods have to dig through years old posts to find trivial stuff to warn/ban for just so they can prove they're doing something and maintain mod status. Sites where you could get perma-banned without having a single previous warning after you've been playing for years over stuff as trivial as pg-13 potty humour.
I've seen REAL mod corruption on sites like Pojo.biz where moderators on the card trading forum will literally steal real property from the site's users by scamming them in online trades and using their mod status to assert their innocence and remove any negative feedback left for them after the trade.
The KCG mods always seemed pretty reasonable to me. They seem to let the puerile jokes slide, once you don't crossover the line into being overtly raunchy or once you don't start really going off/flaming someone.
IMO, they do what mods should do. They're pretty chill and helpful to the userbase and they keep the chat in order without giving the userbase that feeling of "Uh-oh, mods are here. We can't talk or have fun anymore".

*archa1983 uncocks his gun. Well said DiarrheamazinG.

still

Can I request some sort of punishment for people that stall every turn? I think the mods know who I'm referring to. He does it every single game.