*Help* Building Standard/ Limited

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
bLub
*Help* Building Standard/ Limited

Hey guys I didnt play for a very long time and it feels like I can only use like 1/3 of my cards for Standard/ Limited. Anyways I will try to build up a Standard/ Limited deck and therefore asking for advice.

1. Any heroes that are considered strong or very weak in those formats?

2. Any recommended deck types?

3. Can buy like 2 boxes because I grinded a lot and never realy spended my gems. What would you suggest going for and why?

Thanks in advance! ; )

Edit: Those new heroes seem pretty interesting

placidfac

depending on how long it has been since you last played, id suggest a box of LA, DD, or GR. (2 if you have that many gems). Cards are more important than heroes, for the most part, so i would suggest you see what you get out of your boxes before you decide what hero/kingdoms youd like to play.

bLub

Well yeah thats exactly the question, on which set do I spend the dias? Its that long ago that i ONLY have Core and Legacy cards.

placidfac

The suggestion i made to folks before the new core update was that your first box should be light ascending. the way i see it, a box is going to net you 9 rares and 1 epic or legendary. since that means the epic/leg is kind of a crapshoot, i suggest you go with the set that has the highest likelihood of giving you the best rares. In my opinion, that is light ascending.

Now, though, LA and DD will be in rotating singles; which means that every hour, some of those cards might be available for gold. Gods reborn is not in rotating singles. I honestly think that id still rather buy a box of LA, but the jury is out on how cost effective this would be, considering that now you can buy those cards (sometimes) for gold.

Ultimately, it's going to be up to you. I'd still suggest LA though.

Lolipabbi

I think I'm on the DD train myself. Running Olfaan with a playset of shrieker, nightstalker and alchemy charm gets you a long way in limited.

archa1983

LA and DD are both good suggestions.

If you plan to keep playing this game for a very very very long time and you are commited to NEVER spend any money on this game. You should buy gods reborn with gems. As there is no possible way to get GR cards for gold at this moment.

If you just want to have as much fun possible playing the game right now and you do not care about the far far far away future. Buy either DD or LA. 10 x packs.

I would also like to suggest playing as many sealed or draft tourneys as possible. They are fun and they give the best rewards for time invested.

You may not win your tourneys at first. But you will become good at them with practise.

cewen

"If you plan to keep playing this game for a very very very long time and you are commited to NEVER spend any money on this game. You should buy gods reborn with gems. As there is no possible way to get GR cards for gold at this moment.

If you just want to have as much fun possible playing the game right now and you do not care about the far far far away future. Buy either DD or LA. 10 x packs"

Mind if I use this quote in my FQA? cheers :)

bLub

Hey, thanks to all your recommandations. I decided to go with a hybrid solution. Bought 1 Pack of Ascend and kept the others gems for singles in the maybe far far future ; )

I think I got kinda lucky:
Wyrm Stampede
Mindshocker
Nourish
Lazerbot (1-2)

Not sure about the others rares because I already won a couple of tourneys and bought the pack some days ago after the first suggestions.

@archa: Yeah, that is exactly what I am doing. Tourneys are prob even the best part about this game for me atm but the small amount of maximum tickets is a pain. Have some to a lot of experience in Magic, Hearthstone and a couple of other card games. On top of that I am not completly new, its "just" around 3 years ago I last played Kiingdoms. Anyways I think I am doing good in arena, maybe we gonna face each other ; ). Is your Kingdoms in game name the same?