Automatic Login/Remember Password

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
SirGuySW
Automatic Login/Remember Password

I'm sorry if this has already been suggested/discussed somewhere. I find it hard to believe It's never been brought up before. I did a google site search (since the forum doesn't seem to have a search function->there's another suggestion) and didn't see any relevant topics.

Suggestion: Some way to give users an automatic login or 'Remember Me' function.

I think it makes sense to provide this as an *option* to those of us who would like to take advantage of it. Especially with Kingdoms CCG now on (relatively) secure platforms like Steam and IOS/Android. I only have one Kingdoms account (that I use) and would like that account to login automatically when I launch Kingdoms from Steam. Other games with their own login systems have ways to link Steam accounts with game accounts to provide automatic login.

I can't tell you how many times I've logged into Steam, done whatever, loaded up KingdomsCCG and gotten stuck on the login screen because I didn't have my password with me. Likewise with the android app. I think I've logged in via android once just to test it out in the beginning. Since then it's just been too much of a pain trying to login. I see the app icon all the time and think, 'oooo I'll play a game or two.' before I remember that I don't have my password or that it takes so long to type in the password.

Yes, we could use simple(r) passwords, but that defeats the purpose right?, and/or password managers, but I feel that Kingdoms CCG could provide that for us.

cewen

On the official site (dotcom) the username can be saved for you. But not the password, but I can see where your coming at, a nice touch but not something needed as soon as possible.

I totally agree with the search engine on the forums, that could make things a LOT easier, like when trying to recover old ANTIC notes and old players suggestions etc (some really good ones out there).

hopeprevails
hopeprevails's picture

There should be an auto login for android/ios, agreed.

winnerofall12

yes