Helm of everwill + mind preserver.

80 posts / 0 new
Last post
Vasseer

Mind preserver saw 0 play before helm, not even in sideboards (mostly). Also dev mill needs card draw and unfortunately devs are probably going to get rid of most of the card draw in new core (cause they hate combo)

Petrus2

final fight shouldn't stack with itself, other then that i'm completely fine with groven final fight. No, i think when a combo gets out of control you need to reign it back in. and when a lot of cards go anyway the easiest way is to kill the card that enable the going out of control. besides no one ever runs an anti mill card o.O maybe when there are really dangerous mill decks, but as it is now neither ravi immortal mill nor devroth mill are out of control. both have enough counters, the helm has next to none... because its a gear... again we lack commonly playable gear removal but thats another story

Petrus2

indeed, i forgott those in my list. lets take a quick look at those:

smash to smitherns:
ancient spell, 3 mana bannish target gear. well, its ancient (strike1, i don't want to have to play ancient to be able to remove gear. 2k rule is a huge problem for that.) its 3 Mana. (strike 2, its too expensive to play in one turn without bannishing. simply can't keep up with all 2 mana or lower gears. even if your able to remove one, you will lose due to losing the mana equation.) and it bannishes instead of destroying. Wow, no strike here, actually that would cancle one strike of you ask me. bannish is good. now make that one unaligned and i would play it.

Aquire: 4Mana mystical spell: steal target gear. Mystical, while not a kingdom i like is still much better then ancient, thats a start. 4 mana means same cost as fae's charm, but unlike fae's charm it has no mana cap. thats ok too. It does not have any restrictions like only relic or only weapon gears, thats good too. not much to hate actually, other then its pay real money to get it. Still, its 4 mana for one gear, no use against 1 or 2 mana gear spam.

GANZ_Karl
GANZ_Karl's picture

Acquire is definitely not great against gear spam, but it is great against "big gear" like Helm and EBA. When Duplicate goes away it will only get better.

Grrwaaa
Grrwaaa's picture

At least bump to legendary and have it remove from game instead of going to the graveyard. Then it would just be a great card, but not one you would be well advised to build your whole deck around.

Pokekid01

This (banishing the cards instead of milling them) is a great suggestion. Banishing the cards fixes the everwill+preserver problem while neither nerfing preserver or making everwill not work the way it was intended. I feel like this should be implemented.

cewen

My thoughts: I say we just wait. Im sure with the gear cap its going to be bad enough. Not to mention theres loads of counters, people just won't use them. But im sure the good counters like puncture blast will be in new core.

Basically; Implant new core and the rest of the updates. Its foolish to nerf cards right before we go into new core. If cards like final fight, thought prerver and helm need to be changed, banned, removed etc, then they can be after the update.

Petrus2

refresh is not a card that will be changed. dravkas will not be changed. so the basic "tinker something in helm to have at least +30 hp then hopefully draw a refreshto have another 30 hp" won't change. only thing will be total immortality changed to almost immortality. gear cap and new core will stop having 4 or 5 helms out, but two are enough to be invicible. dravkas can do that on round 7. And thats IF thought preserver does not come back with new core.

so no. this card needs a nerf. change mill to bannishment would be the easiest.
Just as a precaution: Moving it up one mana is NOT a nerf. its just a bad joke.

Vasseer

Moving it up 1 mana would actually be a not terrible nerf, the reason being that there are a lot of very playable 4 mana gears that drav can tinker into helm, whereas there are only 6 5-mana gears in the game of which one is legendary, 3 are totally unplayable, one is barely playable and atomic smasher is mediocre at best. Also the refresh helm deck is not very good...

Tower0Bauer

It may not be the best deck, but it gets people to rage quit or complain like little babies with no good reason.

Pokekid01

The nerf I want to see to this is that multiple helms meaning milling that many times.

mmabistra
mmabistra's picture

This card is driving me crazy..today i lost one battel because of it and turn off the game..so i need to calm down now lol..why do we need autowin cards,i dont get it

lawofthewest

USE GEAR REMOVAL!!!

mmabistra
mmabistra's picture

No i will not..first qdc,then essence now this s...t...and it is impossible to maka a dragon deck with Alisten,or beast deck.Where is logic?

cewen

well, not using gear removal is your choice, weather you don't want to use it is YOUR problem. Should not be the soul purpose of a nerf.

I don't think helm needs a nerf as long as there are gear removal, and as far as I can see there is gear removal for all hero (not sure about mystical though).

mmabistra
mmabistra's picture

No my friend,it is not my problem anymore.You are always looking for the rankings,well i was looking for fun.Rankings are still there,but there is no fun.So you will be the last man standing in this game,blindly defending it.While others will quit.

Vasseer

You're building a deck around a bad archetype with very little good support, using the worst hero in the game and refusing to put in answers to the decks that beat your's. How is it not your fault you're losing...

mmabistra
mmabistra's picture

All wrong.I do not build deck with Alisten,dragons or beasts,i am saying it isnt playable.And it is a shame imo.By saying that i will not use gears,i will not play this game anymore,so i will not use any cards.

Vasseer

But that has nothing to do with gears, it has to do with the fact that alisten is crap, dragons have no early game and all the beasts are overcosted.

lawofthewest

don't try to make a beast or dragon deck.....

mmabistra
mmabistra's picture

Have fun Law.

Golden Ra Dragon

I also belive this card is broken in the way it abuses the rock, paper scissors system. Its a gear card that forces the enemy to play an anti gear deck or very specific heros. This is not a minor problem since maybe i want to play the deck or hero i like and not reduce my fun just to have a chance. I also wanted to mention not all newer players do have the right heros (But fuck newer players anyway).
The main problem is not the card in itself but its synergy with dravkas, the two kindom rules and anti mill cards.
As a epic card it certainly deserves gamebreaking abilities but in its current form its the embodiment of antifun.
Antigear card are just too weak and do not apear in the same amount as gears in most decks. Personally i find it funny how everyone says they want to help the newer players, not considering that they lack many cards. All in all how many of the above mentioned anti gear cards are legit and how many newer/advanced players own them?
Dont tell me there are answers to a card if only a few players have the counters. CCG Kingdoms realy needs antigear cards that swing the advantage buy destroying a gear. This could be cheap antigearcards so people can trade less mana for more mana. Anti gear cards already have the disadvantage that they are useless when you arent playing against a gear deck.

Considering helm of everwill i think raising the manacost by one would solve the problem since it would make the card less save as it couldnt just be summoned with dravkas spell that easy. Placing it would also cost you a lot, slowing your offence down a little. This is exaclty what is needed since this card is supposed to make the game slower so you can build up your tactic.

What i dont understand is why ccg doesnt do more small balance changes instead of big changes.
To see +/- 1 changes, for too weak/strong cards, every now and then would be realy helpful.

Now to another point. The main problem is actualy not the helm of everwill but the rock paper scissors system. Its realy boring to go into a game and to know that you already lost from the beginning.
To solve this problem i thought of a simple solution, changing the sidedeck option. I dont know how many player actualy use sidedecks so this change might be unwanted.
Anyway what i would suggest is that there should be a button while playing a match that allows us to swap up to 15 random cards from our deck with the 15 from our sidedeck. Obviously you need the amount of cards you want to swap and you should only be allowed to swap once in a game. This would allow us to be more felxible in matches. If i was lacking anti gear card in my main deck i could fill the sidedeck with cards to compensete for this weakness.

At last i just wanted to say that i agree with real_lex that there are other cards that need attention as well. Obviously saying either fix everything or fix nothing is wrong.

mmabistra
mmabistra's picture

Great post Golden,great idea.I dont understand how Ganz has time to make untifun card like Helm,and doesnt have time and will to make synergy between dragons or beasts.Alisten isnt played,Amarus isnt played and you put a broken card instead of fixing things that does not work.But,f... it,like Nosher i am not kingdoms player anymore.Maybe it is problem in me.Have fun guys.

placidfac

this is how all CCGs work though mma. i see you post a lot about alisten and dragons. not every deck is going to be competitive. just because you think a concept is cool, doesn't mean it is going to be competitive. sometimes you have to decide whether you are trying to win or whether you are trying to have a deck that you like the style (regardless if it will be competitive or not)

mmabistra
mmabistra's picture

Alisten,dragons just an examples.

placidfac

exactly, they are bad examples. that is the problem. just because you want a hero/card to be good, its not necessarily going to be good in the current meta. that is how card games work. there will always be better cards, which inevitably means there will also be worse cards/heroes. alisten is a free hero that just probably isnt going to be competitive without a complete rework, same with amorya or amarus. but that is ok, the free heroes shouldnt necessarily be as good as the paid heroes. (except olfaan, hes a beast)

mmabistra
mmabistra's picture

I agree,but they should be so bad too.And there is too many examples.Too many heros not play or not competitive.It is not about what i want,it is all facts.How many dragon cards and beast cards do we have?

placidfac

the problem is that there is no way to make every hero and every card competitive (or even playable, really) New core is an attempt to filter out some of the garbage, but even then, there will always be some cards that are better than others. Maybe someday there will be some cards that help boost dragons playability, but it just isn't going to be soon.

lawofthewest

some not very thoughtful guy proposed to move helm of everwill to 6 mana.... WELL IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN!

REASON: Epic Battle Axe is 7 mana (TINKER TIME!!!)

Pages