BONG nerf

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
nosher
BONG nerf

This is just about the most badly thought out nerf i've ever seen.

Whose going to spend 8 mana on it turn 5? 13 mana it on turn 10? 18 mana on it turn 15 etc. This card is now complete garbage. Its as useless a legendary as aryns cursed bulwark.

Whoever designed this is not very good at designing cards. You do realize that legendary cards are meant to be better than common cards right? I'd rather run iron dragon or hellion than this piece of rubbish, no disrespect to those cards.

Even if you believed BONG needed a change, making it totally useless is retarded.

I hope any player who has BONG (i do not) gets an opportunity to exchange it for something else. Seems kinda fair after such a disgraceful nerf.

Tower0Bauer

2 things.

#1) Exchange it for what? Nobody can buy the card as a single yet, so nobody wasted 399 gems on it. Had they done so, then I might agree with you.

#2) There is a difference between a card being really, really good and borderline impossible. This card was so far on the side of being impossible that something had to be done about it. Top deck the card and flat out win the game on the spot? Yeah, that's just what the game needed.

placidfac

tower, i hate to do it, but i have to agree with vermin. you didnt really address his concern. this card is now basically unplayable (from what i can tell). there were a lot of suggestions thrown out to come up with a fix for BoNGs OPness (say that out loud) and i dont think that the change they made was something that kept this card at "legendary tier" for the Ganz sets

MightyFox

I think they actually did a good job with it. The card is now centered around a strategy as opposed to being another "I win" button just like T'ror and Elara used to be. Yes, you can't just throw it in a deck and play it anymore, but building a deck around it can still make it quite powerful.

placidfac

id like to see that deck, you might be right (i doubt it though)

nosher

I'd be very interested in a *strategy* that involves saving up 20 plus many to play BONG :D

cewen

i would gladly spend 18 mana for a card with 15 attack, 15 defence and 15 abitlies.
7 mana for the card with unlimited potential was not good, and needed changed. Now X (mana cost) is 3 + the turn number.

nosher

Where would you get all that mana from?? I'd win the game long before that.

They'll have to invent a card with the text *gain mana equal to the turn number* to make BONG playable.

Looks like people are influencing GANZ who don't really know what they're doing at card balance.

cewen

Stall decks can easily gain that mana.

And that's for it to be considered "useful"
But people underestimate 9 mana for a 6/6 haste.

nosher

you're so full of rubbish sometimes lol.

VelvetGreen

The card is technically unplayable. I'm playing Uunus, who possesses one of the highest capabilities of gaining mana, and I've almost never had a chance to play it. Moreover, even when I had, there always were better options.

And it is not "9 mana for 6/6 haste." It does not necessarily get haste even on 10+ turn; I've had plenty of experience. In a case of 6 abilities, it more likely will have corpsecraft, dust, reassemble, support, recycle and manacycle...

nosher

cewen hated BONG, he wants it to be unplayable ;) Might be time to take BONG out of your deck.

Its a pity after cards blatantly get screwed over GANZ don't even make a comment on it, but that's where we're at.

cewen

Not true. I actually love BoaNG, it was just too easy to play and win. It needed its change.

When I get it, it will still go into almost all my decks (like my newest legend I got - army of abyss)
I still see it as very playable. Have people given it a chance yet though?

hate

The card is pure shit now.
Putting it in every deck? LOL nice waste of card space, mana flask is more worth than bong
And yes, I have bong

cewen

People are forgetting that NO single legendary (no matter the mana cost) is meant to be in every deck
(vul graph is the 1 exception to this rule)

Legendarys will find their strong points in different decks. I know IAmRaiZee is using BoaNG very well, look at his rating in standard.

Point - BoaNG isn't "shit" because you can't use it in every deck (including guild wars, which is why *some* people are complaining)

Tower0Bauer

+1

nosher

what a load of rubbish. you're still talking tripe

hate

Where did I say that you need to put it in every deck? You said that you are going to put it almost in every deck!
And I said that the card is so bad that its not worth the card space.
Please next time read what ppl are writing before you reply.

cewen

Irony :p

I may have put it on reply but I did not direct it at you (sorry for not being clear?)
Please next time read what ppl are writing before you reply.