Destroyed

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
metalbeb
Destroyed

Just back playing Epic again to try get a bit fun, cause time ago the game + gw was sucking.

But .... i found this...

http://pasteboard.co/qikRMTu.png

This is more stupid than GooG's.

So finally, i think the game is destroyed, really destroyed. You want money? Gooooo to build cards to win in turn 1. GW now is unplayable, just waiting for lucky to win or lose.

Please, if you want to write stuff like... "i know X cards to kill this or that creature", refrain for doing, everyone know the cards.

The core game need a radical change, but maybe the owner should learn that you need lose money to earn money... or not... now we know that the game is destroyed.

cewen

Perhaps you just got unlucky?
With lacking cards from 3 entirely new sets, wouldn't surprise me that your average score in guild wars would be less. Just hang in there, do some arenas, get gems from their (and guild wars) and soon it'll be easy.
That happened to me too actually :P. But with ichor. Still beatable as hinted, but the game is definitely not destroyed. The game is in better shape than it was when ANTIC was in control.

If any card should be changed slightly, its birth of New God. Or the ability haste, probably birth though.
Deploy cannon = should be banned in limited.

KKanon

Your opponent never draws or plays another card the rest of the game. I've had that come up a few times, and its pretty easy to win from that point. The AI is great at cheating things in to play, but terrible at actually playing. R'Grom doesn't have any evasion and is targettable. If you know X cards to deal with him, then there's X more reasons to not whine about him. Also consider the fact that quite a few of those cards should already be in your deck for all the other huge things you see in GWs.

As much as it might seem broken because its an orange 12/12, I dont think this is nearly as bad as a turn 1 GooG. The few extra answers for GooG are not nearly the same as R'Grom just shutting his Hero out of the game.

Anyway, just giving some counter point. You are totally justified to feel how you feel about a turn 1 12/12 Indestructible. It is a pain in the ass. But I think he's par for the course in the last 2 years of gw's.

- KK

cewen

Actually, G'rom is not targetable :P.
However, you can block with 1 card, and try sending creatures to directly attack the hero as fast as possible.
Bright side of the story; G'rom has no overrun :)

KKanon

Not sure what I was thinking and why I added that 'fact.' Please disregard my blatant lies, but I think the main point I was trying to make still stands. Even when he drops out early, he is very beatable! Thanks C.

- KK

KKanon

Not sure what I was thinking and why I added that 'fact.' Please disregard my blatant lies, but I think the main point I was trying to make still stands. Even when he drops out early, he is very beatable! Thanks C.

- KK

cewen

No problem, we all make mistakes :P

Talahan
Talahan's picture

for reference, all cards that can deal with G'rom that I know of, albeit indirectly in the case of some of them

Ascended purifier (gives pacify)
Archmage Vul'Groth (sheeps G'rom)
imposing wall (G'rom can't attack)
mass polymorph (sheeps G'rom)
oppressing angel (G'rom can't attack)
roaring mastadon (gives timid)
skyreaver dragon (gives timid)
soothsayer (gives timid)
spirits within (G'rom kills himself)
Tempor Reversal (sent back to deck)

Key to heavens (ok, not direct, but G'rom kills a blocker, and Key resurrects it)

I'll post more if I can find them
toxic immobilizer
Noran's polymorph
Devroth's ult

JosephMagnus

Caindra blocks him for the eternity and beyond

nosher

imo for this type of card there are too many available counters for it. So it won't see much play.