New Draft/Sealed Formats

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
Vasseer
New Draft/Sealed Formats

Since Tribes was released, there haven't been any new draft or sealed formats, so I'm just wondering if we could ever see like, 4 Descent, 4 Ascend pack sealed tournaments (though I greatly prefer draft). I'm pretty sure sealed is the most popular tournament format, and I'm getting super bored of playing formats that I'm pretty sure all of us have solved.

placidfac

+1

cewen

+1 4 LA 4 decent would make an awesome sealed/draft tournament. Wouldn't be like tribes (get a whelp, you win) it would be pure brutal fighting for your win (unless yuou magically pulled elara or t'rr)

Oncus
Oncus's picture

I think the best way should be that each tourney has random packs involved, not premade tourneys. So in this sense, you might have an all eve tourney, or even split, or even maybe a core/ascend/descend/rise toruney.

This way no tourney will feel stale, a lot more of new options would become available and it would be more fun in general I think.

cewen

Sounds cool! :D +1

hopeprevails
hopeprevails's picture

+ a bazillion

placidfac

i agree entirely with oncus, completely random packs would be awesome

GANZ_Karl
GANZ_Karl's picture

Or you could go a step further and have simple "Kingdoms Packs" that include all of the cards from all of the expansions + Core.

What we will be doing for Gods Reborn is creating a new sealed format called "The New Age" - each New Age pack will include cards from LA/DiD/GR in the correct 6c/3u/1REL breakdown (these packs will not be purchasable).

cewen

Well, guess which kind of tourneys are about to be populair!? :D
(But I agree with Kingdom packs, give em some more use)

May I also suggest making legendarys unobtainable (In tourneys)? or it will be the player with a GANZ super legend that wins ;)

In old tourneys, its not a HUGE problem, but you DON'T want an eve/rise/tribes legend, as it'll probably be a demi god and waste a valuable rare/epic.

But then again, if you DO open a legendary card, you DO deserve it. Tough choices, but that itself could be another forum topic I suppose :/. To legend or not to legend??

GANZ_Karl
GANZ_Karl's picture

It actually wouldn't be hard at all to not include Legendaries in the new sealed/draft packs, considering that we won't be selling them.

hopeprevails
hopeprevails's picture

Well with Legendaries in sealed/draft, either you'll get something totally useless (like Justice) or you get something ridiculous (like Elara). I vote no Legendaries.

Oncus
Oncus's picture

I would remove legenderies and epics from non-standard/limited tourneys. Wining such tourney is heavily skew to the player that gets epics that are OP in sealed and draft. Getting a shadow dagger not much of an issue for the enemy, but getting a Eternal dragon or a realm crusher is usually game over for the enemy.

hopeprevails
hopeprevails's picture

I personally don't find epics to be such a big deal in sealed/draft.

cewen

Not nessacerly, even a grown whelp in tribes can be a tribes epic anyday (even if its myrid)