Couple of hero adjustments

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
hopeprevails
hopeprevails's picture
Couple of hero adjustments

Felicia: Doom is a weird ability on an elemental hero, because instead of destroying the creature before it can attack again, you give it the chance to do so first. The ult is also weird because instead of destroying an enemy creature, after using it and giving it back it's now unopposed. If you destroy the creatures before they can hurt you, then you can't use your abilities. See how weird that is?

Solution:
4 - Steal an enemy creature for a turn, at the end of turn give it back and deal 1 ele dam to it
5 - Target creature gets 2 Immolate

Alisten: You want to make her fun? Give her 2 ults.
3- Target Creature gets Intimidate
5 - Next 5+ mana creature you play this turn costs 3 less
5 - Target Creature gets +1 atk and deals atk to opposing creature

cewen

Nice idea. I wanna bring this up though: Dragons breath goes to 3 mana. I heard people suggesting that (not that I WANT that to happen) but i'll put it here anyway. Although, if dragoons breath gets nerfed, i'd like a buff for baha. Try and do that hope ;) (Baha and grovenhold soultions)

I like the idea for a solution for felinca, and alistin. I don't think alistin needs it, she's that 1 goofy hero which is totally OK. And felinca might be stronger with some of the new cards from new sets. Cool ideas anyway :)

hopeprevails
hopeprevails's picture

I'd like to see Breath of the Dragon at 3 mana, and Truesworn Titan with a +1 atk conditional instead of +2.

And this doesn't have to be Alisten. I could see the Command Creature ability replacing Groven's current 5 charge.

hopeprevails
hopeprevails's picture

More Felicia suggestions:

Option 2: Make her ult put target creature into random empty ally slot instead of opposing one. Have it return to its original slot. (This way you can still put a blocker down. As it is, this ability is basically Berserk Potion but you can't put a blocker in front of it.)

Option 3: Make her ult: "Target creature deals damage to it's hero = to it's attack"

Option 4: Combine her mid and ult into one (basically Kindle the Fury) and bump the charges up to 7. Make her mid give Immolate 1.

Oncus
Oncus's picture

Although I have Felincia, I haven't played her yet. In theory she has a fun kit, in practice she gets owned and suffers from her kit's weakness.

her 4 charge could deal dmg (like 1 or 2) and give doom. That way it would be good against both low and high cost drops.

As for her ultimate I vote for it being changed to kindle the fury but test it beta first! Also increase the charge to at least 6.
If not that, you could always add a temp damage to her current ult. Like steal this creature and it gains +1 or +2 damage until the end of turn.

mmabistra
mmabistra's picture

Amarus-Twisted bond..target creature lose 1hp and your hero gains 1 hp...he needs some help imo

Oncus
Oncus's picture

I would prefer Amarus to settle into the super aggro suicide style. As for twisted bonds I'd still want it to have a passive component as well. It would say - Everytime Amarus loses life an ally creature gets +1 dmg.

Dr.Bojangles
Dr.Bojangles's picture

Whats the problem with Dragons Breath now?
As for Amarus what I would love to see is a doubling of his removal. 2 drain for 2 life.

hopeprevails
hopeprevails's picture

2 dmg and 2 charges for 2 mana?

Why would you ever make an Ancient deck without it.

JosephMagnus

Thats not a reason to nerf a card. We should focus on things that are problems atm, things way more troublesome that that are waiting for a nerf for more than a month.

hopeprevails
hopeprevails's picture

I absolutely agree that there are far more important things, but it's been on my mind a little. I think that just because a card is a must-include in one kingdom alone doesn't make it less dangerous than a must-include in all kingdoms.

Take Dragons Breath then, for example; it's in every ancient deck. Now imagine there is a similar card for mystical, it'll be in every mystical deck. Same with Undead, or Holy, or Alchemy, or Elemental. We're looking at every deck having 4 slots always filled with those cards. Now let's say there's 2 cards that give powerful boosts to each kingdom; now we're looking at the same 8 slots filled in every deck of each kingdom. It damages diversity.

But no, I don't think this is important enough to change right now. I'm just trying to look ahead a bit.

And actually I think Dragons Breath at 2 mana, but with 1 charge loss instead of 2 would be the right balance.

Dr.Bojangles
Dr.Bojangles's picture

Because some Ancient decks don't need it. You can certainly make a case for many Groven builds playing something else over it.

IcarusRebel

I think its important to note that the ancient heroes (bahamut mainly) were very strong in limited before breathe of the dragon, and Bothar is very potent even without it. The card is very strong and the decks can be a bit oppressive but it should be looked at to see if its the card itsself or the state of the game it resides in that causes it.

Honestly I would like to see a complete rework of Felicia. My idea is to have her be the yin to Jorma's yang. Where jorma is full aggro and attack attack attack, Felicia could be more controlled and paced. The kindle fury idea works around ur opponent commiting into a play. THink of it, she is a disciplined tribal warrior with a deep sense of honor. Have her kit reflect that, make a kit that exploits enemy commitment and punish small gaps in defenses heavily

JosephMagnus

I honestly think the contrary. Jorma isnt a pure aggro hero in the majority of builds, its a aggro/combo. We are feeling a terrible lack of faster heroes, so i think Felincia should fill the all out attack hero, wich she doesnt because all trhee of her abs are underpowered.

Her first ab is particularly weak, even 2 mana with a drawback (elemental creature on board) doesnt justify self inflicting damage. Auto damaging is a huge deal, should be given with really power effects.

hopeprevails
hopeprevails's picture

I like the first ability. 1 mana every 3 turns, just like Petrice, with an optional bump.

Petrus2

the problem is: petrice does something for the board with her ability, felincia just hurts herself for a little extra mana. and self hurt results in not being played as we can see with amarus.

so yes: felincias first has to be more powerfull if the damage effect shall remain in place

cewen

Amerus is strong and still played. You just don't see it cos of all the thania, bother and other strongest ("OP") decks. You will see amerus being played in the 2 kingdom format, along with felinca