[Discussion] Official Announcement: Gods Reborn

37 posts / 0 new
Last post
GANZ_Karl
GANZ_Karl's picture
[Discussion] Official Announcement: Gods Reborn

This thread is to discuss the upcoming booster set: Gods Reborn.

Read the official announcement here: http://blog.kingdomsccg.com/2015/09/announcing.html

3e3

Will the unicorn be gay? Please be a gay unicorn.

GANZ_Karl
GANZ_Karl's picture

Like Tom Hardy, the unicorn prefers not to discuss its sexuality.

cewen

AWSOME! :D

Will Titan of yonder be making its feature? :o
And: Since we got the "Precious ring" and "vul graph" (Reference to the powerful ring and Gandalf from Lord of the Rings) Can we get more legends and fairy tales as cards? :)
Like, since one of the card arts is a sword on a helmet, could be Excalibur from the King Arthur legend . . . Just an idea anyway, would be cool :). Cheers for the trade in BTW!

GANZ_Karl
GANZ_Karl's picture

Titan of Yonder is not in the set. I think that the Ancient rares that are included will see more play.

cewen

I got 1 last question before I shut up and wait :)

Will we see more cards compatible with Raise The Guard?
Just to give it more flavour ofc. Not like more mystical, but more/better 1/2/3 ancient and holy creatures to go with it. Would be kinda nice :)

TheSpartanHomie

So we're gonna have a 12/12, is it gonna be a leviathan?

GANZ_Karl
GANZ_Karl's picture

It was going to be, but its Islandwalk wasn't getting used, so I made it a God instead.

Oncus
Oncus's picture

I'm curios (and fairly concerned) about the 2 mana anti elara card. I would rather Elara (aka almost instant win) get nerfed so she remains powerful but not to OP, than have cheap counters like that. My guess IS the effect of the card would be something like: ON ENTER: opposing creature deals magic damage to itself.

I'm also curious about the rune that's frequently requested. Is it: If you play this runeword you win the game, congrats, *pat**pat**pat*" Cuz I think it is.

cewen

Landslide, NUMBER 2! :D

Dr.Bojangles
Dr.Bojangles's picture

It's gonna be a rune that prevents gear from being played. I can almost guarantee that.

Oncus
Oncus's picture

Quite possibly, although with Bothar I don't think we will be seeing a lot of gear decks. I think it would be more something like: Gear effects do not trigger.

I have a feeling the new set is going to have a lot anti-gear cards.

Dr.Bojangles
Dr.Bojangles's picture

Gear is still quite hot with both Thania and especially with MEK. But yea we could use some more anti gear tech. I have a feeling we will get a ceasefire for relics.

GANZ_Karl
GANZ_Karl's picture

re: "ON ENTER: opposing creature deals magic damage to itself."

While that is actually an interesting ability, no that isn't the card text. I think players will be very excited by this card, yet it won't have the impact that your design would have.

Earthconstruct

Is this a ripped off the upcoming tv series this September - Heroes Reborn ? =) I would prefer " Kingdoms Reborn" though.

JosephMagnus

IF we consider that theres 2 cards banned from limited, and that our anti lifegain option in that format are: Doomsayer (epic), Bane (rare, cost 1, last short and can be nulified by....Punish!) and The Rack (rare, 3 drop!!!, kills yourself vs any fast deck, easily removed by anti gear), i think its imperative that we have more anti lifegain stuff.

GANZ_Karl
GANZ_Karl's picture

There are currently no anti-life gain cards in the set. That said, there is only 1 life gain card in the set, and I suspect that it won't be played in Punish decks. As I said in the Goblin Scavenger thread, you'll see more Shields, which act as pseudo-life gain without the problematic interactions.

JosephMagnus

I honestly believe that you guys should replace one of those uncommon that wont see any competition (theres are probably some, as always) by a antilifegain uncommon creature. Maybe not a shutdown creature like doomsayer, but something that cut the gain by half.

IcarusRebel

My concern is with the 12/12 creauture, ill withhold judgement until i see the card but simply costing a lot of mana isnt even a concern for top decks as those potent cards are rarely hard cast...and besides with full sets of rejuv and Manacyle Wizard it isnt even that hard to get up to the mana. Are we just gonna have a new creature to exploit swap and dreadful with that gives even less time to respond?

cewen

"Can only be played if your hero is ancient" :P
ither way, if its too strong in guild wars like karl said elsewhere, a ban list for the ai could be made and the 12-12 could be added if its a new target with swap. Simples :)

GANZ_Karl
GANZ_Karl's picture

It does have a drawback which can't be circumvented by Swap. But it is big and nasty enough to make Blaze Boots playable.

tailings

Oh? That sounds promising. Can GooG be retrofitted the same way? GooG swap is, IMO, the ugliest bug in the game.

Dr.Bojangles
Dr.Bojangles's picture

It's not a bug and frankly it isn't that big of a problem.

nariu

6 New heroes and now 3 new card sets released - its an amazing work compared to the prior rate of releases. MY questions are focused on the old releases / heros ...
- WHY isnt it possible to make older heros free? some heros arent almost used at all and i miss them but because they arent current meta they are discarded so why not make them free ??? at least people wouldnt feel throwing away gold (70k each) to buy a non used hero.
Unblocking ALL the heros costs 1,6mil gold these days.
- Core is gold buyable, why not make 2 other sets like that ?? eve and rise have good cards especially for new players. Also completionists would farm for that =)
- Make dynamic market fun again plz !!! i spent 20 euro to buy 4 shamman at 29gems each !!! and manawiz also !! if the price drops for a limited period of time people feel that its money well spent !!
Also was a really great feeling to save gems, wait for refresh prices time and with a little luck buy great cards ... best feeling ever ...!! Ganz would get more money and we more fun ....

my secret wish is ....
Tribes 2 dynamic market would make my day but it seems impossible to happen =) manawiz, combatant, scav are still very used these days.

Any of these wishes / questions will ever happen ??

Yubar09
Yubar09's picture

Very happy to see you all keeping this thing going, looking forward to this (and to the IOS port I hope is soon to come!)

GANZ_Karl
GANZ_Karl's picture

We're targeting first week of November for the iOS release.

Yubar09
Yubar09's picture

Very much looking forward to it. As a Kong user, I'm betting I'd have to start anew, but some sort of switching support for vets who have poured a lot of time and money into an alt client would be much appreciated

GANZ_Karl
GANZ_Karl's picture

We're actually talking to Kongregate to see if there is a way that we can get Kong accounts to work, as we recognize that a lot of players play there. No guarantees but if we can, we will.

cewen

Same with Armour Games? I don't play there, but just bringing it up that people play from there too :p

tailings

"The most requested rune word..." - 'On Your Next Turn, You Win' Finally! Thanks

Cats - Cool, but they're going to be Elemental aren't they?

"Immune from Gear" - Ah, after a couple gear love releases, the gear hate returns. Sorry MEK, but some will only shine for a brief moment. Perchance the next release will trump the trump with a piece of gear that makes all other gear immune from everything?

OK, enough silly speculation; bring on the cards!

mmabistra
mmabistra's picture

Imo,this game doesnt need new sets.At least in this point.Tournies and gws are not played much,so maybe work on it before releasing new stuff.

Yubar09
Yubar09's picture

I think I agree, the Arena awards is a BIG step in the right direction.

Next big step change imo is either Weekend events with unique prizes (could be alt arts, cards or heroes). or a big push in the campaign may be interesting (I'm thinking customized heroes that lvl up).

Awarding gems in tourneys would be nice too.

cewen

Art takes a while to do :/ As the most unique feature GANZ could possible do, is put YOU in a card of your choice :).

Wirus

So, new set coming to game, cool.
But imo instead of just bringing new sets to game it would be nice to do guild rework first.
And also i don't like the idea of set with such small amount of cards in it (130+ would be nice).
When Ascend and Descent sets were added to game i was like " Wat ? only 55 cards in set? ".
I don't have all rares x4 from those sets, but i will do soon. Ofc no Elara or T'rror and mostly just 1 epic per box. It's good that ascend is in market. But descend isn't and there will be a point in game when i will not buy a box for 149 gems just to have 1 epic (or legend if i am lucky) and rest will go for scrap.

So my point is: When new set will be added to game
1. Add Ascend set in dynamic market for gold.
2. Add Descent set in dymaic market for gems.
3. Rework singles in dynamic market for gold: 10 cards slots may be not enough now for 4 sets.

ffarr
ffarr's picture

Are we going to see some more self mill cards? After dreadful return and reconstruct nerf that could be a safe path to follow, making gob job and raging vines playable again
I actually believe that dirty fuel could be restored as it was

Oncus
Oncus's picture

Dirty fuel is fine as it is. Mana gain cards should always have a penalty or condition to play. Dirty fuel just gave you the mana + an advantage.
I would agree with gob hog being a BIT more playable, but raging vines are fine IMO. It's easy to get them to 2/3 (which is usually a 3 mana cost creature) and place a few runes in your deck and you are set. Otherwise they would be too mana efficient.

hopeprevails
hopeprevails's picture

Dirty fuel should banish 3 and mill 2 imo