A Bug? (I at least want to know what happened)

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
cewen
A Bug? (I at least want to know what happened)

No screenshots, but its fairly simple: If I had e.g. fae protector (its what I was using at the time) and the enemy used disarm on it (to weaken it from 1 attack to -1 attack). I then used Relntless charge. On my other creatures, at the end of the turn, the attack went away (as it should do). But with the creature weakened it kept the 2 attack, and returned to normal.

Any explanation for thi? I just fine it odd and curious to know what exactly happened and why it kept the stats instead of going down back to normal :)

GANZ_Karl
GANZ_Karl's picture

This is another instance of Strong counteracting Weak. Right now a creature can't have Strong and Weak at the same time. If your creature is Weak 1, and gains Strong 1, the creature ends up with no statuses at all.

Despite Relentless Charge being "only until the end of turn", the Strong that is added removes the Weak that had been addded, so the Fae Protector ends up with its original Attack.

cewen

Ah, I see . . .Thx for explaining it karl :). Always helpful to know some of the tricky game mechanics for my battles :)

SirGuySW

GANZ_Karl wrote:Right now a creature can't have Strong and Weak at the same time.

Are there plans for this to be added? Or any other fix? Seems like this '+attack until end of turn' effect should grant a '+attack when played' *and* a '-attack at end of turn' to restore the creature(s) attack to what it was before the effect was played (or add strong when played/add weak at end of turn, depending on how strong/weak is implemented).

It seems like this would work if strong/weak effects on a creature's attack just increment/decrement the same value. For example, a creature with 1 attack + 5 weak = -4 (0) attack. Give it +1 attack until end of turn and it should have 1 + (-4) = -3 (0) attack for the turn and 1 + (-5) = -4 (0) attack afterwards.

The way I've seen it work in-game: a creature with 1 attack + 1 weak = 0 attack (1 + (-1) = 0). Give it +1 attack until end of turn and it gets 1 + (0) = 1 attack for the turn and 1 + (0) = 0 attack afterwards. :|

It doesn't seem like it should matter if the creature has no status effects.

phlanic

I love how quickly Karl answers this question but doesn't even acknowledge this bug....
http://forum.kingdomsccg.com/?q=node/30249

archa1983

phlanic wrote:I love how quickly Karl answers this question but doesn't even acknowledge this bug....http://forum.kingdomsccg.com/?q=node/30249

true. But let's not guilt him into never responding to forum questions.

Pokekid01

As a Wilri player who consistently gives the weak effect, this bug is annoying beyond measure. Please make it so that it at the end of the strong end of turn effect it gives the creature weak X instead of removing strong X