Chat/Forum spam

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
Oncus
Oncus's picture
Chat/Forum spam

Ok, first of this was today in chat. Mute is in order I belive.

http://s10.postimg.org/ty7kqhod5/chat_spam.jpg

I know a lot of resources are tied up for game development, I think the forum/chat issues are also due for solving. When you come across wall of spam on chat, the game comes across as not "well kept". Same for forums.

cewen

Heres the hard facts:

1) nouser is erma banned
2) Mods nor GANZ will respond to him

Both sides need to be discussed to stop the endless nouser spam.
http://gyazo.com/f2046e0f774284b594079e2a2d5d28f6

ofc, nouser can spam all he wants, GANZ will obviously not submit. Then things need to be discussed.

1) If nouser gets his accounts unbanned, will he go away? remember, he is always saying ppl provoke, abuse, and bully him. If that's the case, why would he stay in that kind of environment?
2) If nouser were to shut, the absolute hell up for 3-4 months, THEN would GANZ talk to him?

Both sides are hurt, but their needs to be some sort of communication to end this nonsense, because I of 1 of the ppl have simply had too much.

SUMMARY:
1) Nouser wants to talk to GANZ but is ignored (seems decent)
2) Nouser spams chat UNTILL he talks to GANZ about how long he should lay low and get his accounts unbanned IF GANZ ARE GENEROUS..
3) GANZ talk to nouser about how he will shut up
e.g: "Hey nousername, my bud, yea . . . if we unban your account will you go away?"

This needs Delt with. I know, I shouldn't be raising the topic of nouser, because things have finaly settled down but the hard-core truth is, it hasn't settled down. Plz, im begging now, GANZ, nouser, just stop the nonsense plz :*(

Oncus
Oncus's picture

Yeah, lets not make this about nouser. Nouser isn't important. The chat could be spammed by some other people - the problem is that it's possible. Now, I don't know how resource consuming it would be to limit messages to 2-3 in a certain time frame or something like that, but it would be great if it's possible to devout some time to fix the spam.

Also forum spam, which is also a popular target. I think a simple captcha if too many topics are opened in short time frame could solve some problems (unless they are not bots).
I'm not saying this should be the top priority, but I do hope the problem will recognized as such and addressed relatively soon.

cewen

If I had to prioritise, it would be forums. I hate waking up to my cup or orange juice and peanut mutter toast, excellent morning until I see forums spammed by ads from fancy toe-nail clippers to the skin smoothing cream. I say this again: The forums account should be linked to the in-game account.

Not saying that if your banned on the game, you are in forums too, naw naw, that'd suck. Im saying that to make comments and topic threads, you HAVE to have an account in the game. Fixes everything :)

TomKat
TomKat's picture

Spambots would create accounts in the game then.Captcha is better.

nouse
nouse's picture

since those *in power* don't talk to me, except telling me its all my fault (which is downright rude, ignorant and unprofessional for starters) i assume i'm permanently perma banned. It's not like i've even been told to wait till september or w/e. so shutting the hell up for 3-4 months isn't going to change a thing, far as i can see.

I've been told many times how rhystic got his account back by waiting. Well i'm not rhystic, i don't play it like that. Maybe if those in power treated people as human beings rather than star wars clones, this game might do a bit better.

archa1983

nouse wrote:since those *in power* don't talk to me, except telling me its all my fault (which is downright rude, ignorant and unprofessional for starters) i assume i'm permanently perma banned. It's not like i've even been told to wait till september or w/e. so shutting the hell up for 3-4 months isn't going to change a thing, far as i can see.
I've been told many times how rhystic got his account back by waiting. Well i'm not rhystic, i don't play it like that. Maybe if those in power treated people as human beings rather than star wars clones, this game might do a bit better.

Have you tried 'ARK, survival evolved' yet Nouser? It will knock your socks off.
It has dinos!

Earthconstruct

Seriously, I would put that 10 wins to 100 wins before you can chat. The games nowadays are rewarding players with opening different features of the game, together with the usual packs or gold. It forces new players to feel every aspect of the game. The game makes the new players understand that the game has different level of learning, which makes them stay more in the game.

Example, some general games require new players to reach certain hero level before they can do arena. Others will require you to get an in-game radio device, that will allow you to chat with other players. I know this is a CCG, but you can implement this kind of marketing that will force players to play the game more and efficiently, rather giving them everything in one sitting - arena, guilds, tournament, quest, etc.

Increasing the win requirement is one way to open up every features of the game. Hence, solving the spam issue with this will be just a secondary effect, I believe it will give more added value for the game.

And Nouse, thanks for putting my suggestion here in forums of requiring wins before you can chat. Now, I need to force those 10wins to 100 as per my original suggestion. Wanna help me again? =)

nouse
nouse's picture

Go ahead. Will make it even less likely newbs stay around. I enjoy watching how small this games playerbase is.

Earthconstruct

I don't know why that's your battle cry, but this game has a small player base for years now. Go find something. So far I see you have nothing on this game.

kt123

100 games requirement will only make problems to new players.
we need more mods.there's nothing wrong in giving this power as it can be taken back.

Earthconstruct

I believe that's the traditional reaction. 100games for you to chat is a piece of cake to gamers but 10games is simply nothing to spammers.

Number of games played can be translated to "levelling up". Most games have that. It creates "temporary goals" which makes average shelf life of a new player longer.

We dont want moderators to act as janitors, dont we? =)

Dr.Bojangles
Dr.Bojangles's picture

Eh it is a little much imo. New players often need help/advice.

Dr.Bojangles
Dr.Bojangles's picture

We really need more players with supermod status. Right now only Grrwaaa and I can delete forum accounts and needless to say it is a pain in the ass dealing with the spam bots. Especially considering that for some reason there is a bug in the forums where the request wont go through until you click it like 30 times. So yea a little help would certainly be nice.

cewen

I don't mind helping out :p. Due to the time area im in anyway, Im probably 1 of the few people to see the forums spammed with adverts (like now) in the morning and will happily get rid of it before the Americans e.g (6 hours ahead of UK) can see it all

Im just up, don't judge the bad logic that's probably up there -_-. But anyway doc, feel free to ask ;p

rayjinn

Adding chat rights to every account save game might solve it.

Default = Yes.
Give the chat moderators a button to play with :)