Video Guides for the Challenge Nodes with Bonus' Completed

80 posts / 0 new
Last post
LeumasBansu
LeumasBansu's picture

Don't listen to Kensu, Phil. We all love you. We just wish that challenge would die a horrible death lol. Sign of a good one, I suppose.

Kensu
Kensu's picture

Step up to the Challenge II added.

aka-Phil

I think it's about time this gets a sticky and forum post of the week!

Kensu
Kensu's picture

Awww Phil, just in time for Valentines day! You remembered! XOXOXOXO

LeumasBansu
LeumasBansu's picture

Awk-ward...

Kensu
Kensu's picture

Crutomist Challenge and Epic Challenge added.

Angels
Angels's picture

Nemesis willow of soul no video?

Kensu
Kensu's picture

It's next on the hit list.

xankludan
xankludan's picture

For epic challenge, another great card is silence, either 2x or 4x. If you pull it you are almost guaranteed to win.

orchideater89
orchideater89's picture

any ideas on the milling challenge or step up 2 w/o qdc noran?

xankludan
xankludan's picture

Maybe using a buffed rampaging giant would work to w/out qdc noran, but not sure.
For milling challenge, I've almost had it several times, using sylph mindsappers with attack buffs and sanity tappers, which can take massive cards per turn from him.

BigMouthBilly
BigMouthBilly's picture

I can confirm Rampaging Giants work, I had a 11/13/10 ones out doing Step up 2 (Won turn 9)

xankludan
xankludan's picture

Just beat the mill challenge with a deck similar to this
http://www.kccgdecks.com#deckIVDOLV

There may be other ways to beat the mill, but after trying different methods it came down to getting a sanity tapper first turn and the enemy playing mill runeword. Then Noran can draw multiple mill cards which mills the enemy much faster then my original plan to buff up sylph mindsappers. If you get some thought destroyers in the first or second turn and potentially duplicate them w/ a sanity tapper out, it really helps.

Kensu
Kensu's picture

Nemesis Challenge added.

thegmc
thegmc's picture

Checking in on this thread for anyone interested. Yesterday I completed my final challenge with bonus conditions, the milling challenge. It took me about a week of using all my energy on the challenge. I expect that it would take that long or longer to do it again as the challenge seems to be very difficult. My deck is also different from xankludan so this will give a different perspective.

I don't have all the optimal cards but I'll post my deck here for anyone interested, it is mostly luck based on getting a lot of sanity tappers and then getting a lot of mill sources, ie rune word, mindsappers, thought destroyers. I think having more mindsappers would help as well. It also uses a lot of draw cards since I don't have 40 cards which are good for milling these cards give the best chance of going through your deck to get what you need. This deck is not designed for the best win rate, but to complete the challenge. Also I don't like the phantom images very much, they are too pricy. Good luck to anyone attempting this.

Deck - http://i.imgur.com/xXWwjwL.jpg

Completed Challenge - http://i.imgur.com/c7Hs9E2.jpg
(for anyone who might think it isn't possible :p)

Update - Just beat it again, here was the board state on turn 5 making the win on turn 5.5 which, as a note, does reward the bonus. Getting both a thought destroyer and a sanity tapper out on turn 1 gives the biggest boost, I believe I got that both times I won. http://i.imgur.com/PgSlreh.jpg

ccc

is there another method to beating Holy Training Ground Challenge w/o using Dravkas?

Kensu
Kensu's picture

What heroes do you have access to? Once the hero changes go in ill make some new videos

ccc

i didn't want to have to buy him just for this challenge, but since the patch is about to come out i think i'll hold off until then.

Talahan
Talahan's picture

I remember using Noran for the challenge, but it's been a while, so can't remember what kind of deck I used. but I definately used Noran though

Mumu
Mumu's picture

Hey Kensu good job , I for one like to figure things by myself (so I avoid walktrows like these) but its great that Kingdoms gets some exposure on Youtube.
That being said I am sure you can do better then this ... I mean is it that hard to edit in a small intro or end credits ?!? , also id recommend adding the background music after the actual recording this way you can play around with the sound volume .

Grrwaaa
Grrwaaa's picture

Well, if someone would like to donate pro video editing software to Kingdoms, both Kensu and I would be happy to use it for such things.

Mumu
Mumu's picture

That's true video editing softs seem to cost a lot , but there are some free alternatives, they might not be as good as the "real thing" but that's why they are free.
What soft do you guys use to capture anyways ?

Kensu
Kensu's picture

FYI, since Ragnarok disbanded, I declassified all my old videos that were for guild members only. There are a lot of them. I don't know how useful they will be now that heroes have changed and thus the meta game has shifted significantly. Either way, enjoy. =)

akerson

They can still teach you a lot about guild wars mindset and a great approach to using ai flaws to your advantage

Daniel_Stark
Daniel_Stark's picture

I wish these were updated newer players cant really get the benefit

woxie2

If anyone is interested in Crutomist Challenge I believe it should be alternatively (easily) finished with Firestorm Shaman deck.

I've finished it today with something like this:
3 Fire Spawn
1 Fury igniter
4 Elvish Shanker
4 Dying Flame
4 Elven Boot Crafter
4 Firestorm Shaman,

But I believe better deck is
4 Fire Spawn
4 Elvish Shanker
4 Dying Flame
4 Lightning Elemental
4 Firestorm Shaman

wiki
wiki's picture

i think im gonna start doing those again with present heroes and cards. As Kensu did, im gonna only use cards which new players can possibly have at this point.

zliplus
zliplus's picture

Actually, we (dr_bo, me, oogie, various others) had a fairly extensive convo about this in chat the other day. Conclusion was that firestorm is definitely the easiest way to win, using something like 4 firestorm, 4 boltling, 4 dying flame, 4 fire spawn, 1 rolling fire, and 3 choice cards.

Dr.Bojangles
Dr.Bojangles's picture

The only change i would make is perhaps invoked elf over fire spawn as it can survive trades and wildfire more easily

Pages