Grovenhold limited one-hit kill deck

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Inara_Seraph
Inara_Seraph's picture
Grovenhold limited one-hit kill deck

You don't have to one-shot the opponent, but you can.

Creatures:

(2) Nimble Fae x3
(3) Elven Boot Crafter x4
(3) Battle Mage x2
(4) Juggernaut x3
(5) Rampaging Giant x1
(5) Vengeful Titan x2

Spells:

(1) Burst of Strength x4
(1) Haste x4
(1) Spell Bridge x3
(2) Fire Bolt x3
(2) Disintegrate x3
(2) Diminish x2
(4) Smother x2
(4) Ancient's WIll x1
(5) Horde of Wyrms x2
(6) Flashback x1

You wait around for 5-10 turns, removing what you can with your removals/Nimble Faes, until you have a Haste/Elven Boot Crafter, Ancient's Will/Burst of Strength, and a fatty to haste in. I'm sure this could be tweaked to be better, but I'm not sure what to mess with.

Redexa

2 Flashbacks could make it better for sure lol. Ancients will isn't that amazing, the +2/2 holy epic which gives flying would be better. But yeah, 2 flashbacks for sure, or 2 of the +2/2 holy epic's. Ancients will would be better if you had more ancients, but your deck has less than 10... and they are high mana cost ancients which will be difficult to have more than 1 out at once.

Wouldn't use battle mage, it's basically a gatling gnome with resist for 1 extra mana -- which will die to inner fires and firebolts all the same. It's useful against Jorma, and Arcanos to a lesser degree -- but I wouldn't use it for protection from an arcanos spell dinging you. Gatling gnomes would probably be better, for a low mana cost haste attack, or something to throw behind an enemy corpse.

I'd use 4 juggernauts as well, or 2 of them with 2 rampaging and 2 juggernaut. Rampaging is nice if you can use grovenholds +HP skill on it, and it can take out high mana cost blockers and have enough HP leftover to survive some battering, whereas juggernaut would just barely survive if at all after using the +HP skill on grovenhold.

I'm not sure about Horde of Wyrms, it's a defensive spell that won't help you haste past enemy blockers. Many times you won't be able to use it effectively because you've got a corpse in the way, or you're lacking mana. The times you do use it will only be good if you can get more than one out.

Fae's are great, might even want 4. Or you could try using pacify's or disarms too, until you're ready to throw in your combo. Overrun on juggernaut and rampaging means blockers aren't a big problem. The only problem with disarms is that they reduce the effectiveness of grovenholds +creature HP skill. But you'll probably still get some uses out of it anyhow. With Uuny's and Arcanos though, I dunno. Maybe just stick to the fae's xD

Binoclou
Binoclou's picture

Gatling gnomes are alchemy...

Redexa

I said battle mages were better in my second post if you didn't notice lol, and meh gatling gnomes aren't amazing. so what if you can't use them as baha xD

Inara_Seraph
Inara_Seraph's picture

Revised edition:

Creatures:

(2) Nimble Fae x4
(3) Elven Boot Crafter x4
(4) Juggernaut x4
(5) Rampaging Giant x1
(5) Vengeful Titan x1

Spells:

(1) Burst of Strength x4
(1) Haste x4
(1) Spell Bridge x4
(2) Fire Bolt x3
(2) Disintegrate x4
(2) Diminish x3
(4) Smother x2
(4) Pacify x2
(5) Horde of Wyrms x2
(6) Flashback x2

I don't use Gnomes because they can't be bursted, and generally I don't bother playing any creatures not named Nimble Fae until I can haste/War March. I like Horde of Wyrms synergy with Recall, and as I noted before, my side of the field is usually pretty empty so it's rarely useless and nets 2-3 wyrms every time. It does take up a rare slot, though.. I could switch them out for a Vengeful or Rampaging.

Redexa

Oh my bad, I didn't realize battle mage deals a damage on enter. That makes it alright, nothing special though. But you are limited on rares, so it might be your best bet for a high damage uncommon with a fair mana cost. Indeed, you're short on creatures without the battle mages. You probably want something to fill those spots to at least make equal your haste giving cards to your creatures. You have 6 creatures, excluding boot crafter and fae, to give haste to with haste and boot crafter. It would be ideal if you had 8 creatures, so you roughly get 1 creature to haste per every haste/crafter in your hand. A crafter can even haste more than one creature at once, so you'll definitely find that you'll have an abundance of crafter/haste without the 4 battle mages or some other extra creatures. And wyrms even if you could give haste to, probably aren't worth it unless you're worried about them being lightning bolted.

I have never tried wryms in this context, but if it tends to work out often for you then great -- use it. I'm really stuck on whether having more vengeful/rampaging would be ideal in place of horde of wyrms. Maybe you'll have to test the deck out a bit and see if you are getting enough of them and your juggernauts.

I did suggest trying out pacify, but I dunno how effective just 2 of them would be. Plus Uuny's can just get rid of their pacified creatures with its ability AND get health out of it, and Arcanos won't really play any creatures to pacify in the first place, otherwise it would great on other heroes -- but 2 of them doesn't exploit its purpose of congesting enemy slots so much. So maybe you could just take those out, and use 3 disintegrate and 2 diminish(or run deplete instead of diminish).