Ancient's Revenge Winner Announcement *UPDATED*

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
aka-Phil

In testing the new card was just too powerful, allowing players to cause massive amounts of damage to their opponent in a very short amount of time. Because of this we need to go back and review the card again. When we have the new card picked out we will announce it. victorre, Apan1154 and cdg will still get their Limited Edition version of the card. Grats to all three of them!

Old Post

We had an astounding number of great entries in this contest! So much so that using one idea didn't really work. Instead we took three similar ideas and combined them into one great card. Check below for the new Ancient’s Revenge!

Congrats to victorre, Apan1154 and cdg who all help inspire this card with great ideas. They will each receive a limited edition (gold text) version of the updated card.
The upcoming set introduces the “Mill” mechanic. This gives the Ancient kingdom a very nice counter to it once those cards start to see play. It also fits the flavor of the name and the art. You just can’t keep an Ancient down!
Check out the entry thread to see all the great suggestions that were made, including the three that helped make this card.

DesertStar27
DesertStar27's picture

Erm I think you have the wrong image. *Nevermind the image has been changed to what it should be
Also congratulations to the winners!

Grrwaaa
Grrwaaa's picture

Can I kindly suggest reducing the cost way down from 5 to 2. You'll seldom have more than 3 or 4 ancients in your discard pile, even if you are being milled (most decks only use about 6 total!) and perhaps make it deal damage to opponents creatures as well.

Right now, why would I run this instead of dark missile or trick?

DesertStar27
DesertStar27's picture

I would think at a mana cost of two it would be grossly overpowered as I could make an all creatures ancient deck and get about 10 damage easily with a single card, as with balancing you don't work with what will mostly be used but rather how much someone can abuse it and with this a lower mana cost could be greatly unfair to your opponent as a cheap finisher move.

Grrwaaa
Grrwaaa's picture

No way. Banishing cards doesn't put them in your discard pile. You have to have them milled or you have to put them into play and have them die.

aka-Phil

OP Updated.

DesertStar27
DesertStar27's picture

Well it was easy to see this was coming, I kinda feel bad for those who won since their idea isn't in the game but glad that I still have a chance to win.

Jeffo
Jeffo's picture

Original people who were deemed winners will still get an LE edition of the card - we apologize for the confusion on this one.

Topic locked